Indoor swimming pools/Zumba classes in Malta?

Hi,

Been living in Malta for just over 7 weeks and I am looking to find somewhere with an indoor pool where I can take my daughter swimming? I live in Swieqi and do not have a car so looking for somewhere local or anywhere with easy access bus routes like Sliema, St Julians, Valletta?

Also, looking for anywhere that does morning/evening zumba classes in same areas?

Any ideas, thanks for any help x

Hi Gill,

welcome to the forum.

What is zumba ?

All the 5 star hotels around St.Julians and Sliema have indoor pools/spa areas. You probably have to sign up a membership.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks for your reply.

It's a dance exercise class that used to do back in Liverpool, its really popular though so prob have classes in Malta somewhere

Thanks

Hi,

now I learnt something -)))

A quick Google search brings up several options. One of them even has a venue in Swieqi. Try this link but Google ' Zumba dance malta' for other events.

http://www.maltazumba.com/

Cheers
Ricky

Hello there!

I'm also looking for a pool, but the hotel pools are most of the times small. I prefer something like an olympic-size pool, to exercise! Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!
Bibiche

Hi Bibiche,

the only large-sized public pool that I know of is the National Pool complex:

http://www.sportmalta.org.mt/facilities

and follow the link for Tal-Qroqq.

Cheers
Ricky

I love zumba! (And I'm one of the usually very few men in the classes.)

When I arrive in Malta in January I'm definitely going to check out this place.
junglespirit.org

I'm also a huge fan of yoga. They also teach that at Jungle Spirit, but I'll probably also have a look at this place:
yogaintentions.com

Any other suggestions for intermediate/advanced classes in zumba/yoga/hip hop dance for adults will be appreciated. Preferably close to Sliema.

I havent been to Zumba classes at Jungle Spirit so I cant comment. However, I have been to many yoga classes there. Hand on heart, they are the best classes that I have ever attended (and I have been to many!). The instructor is attentive and very inspirational. He also happens to be the European yoga champion for 2010. I 100% recommend these yoga classes. You can follow the instructor on Facebook too if you like. 'Balazs Yoga LifeCoach Malta'.

@Damsel: Great. I'm looking forward.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]