Diploma Attested for Visa Purpose.

Hi All

I need to know if my I.T Diploma from a college in the UK will be attested from the ministry.

I have asked the college to see if there diploma will be attested but they have advised to get in touch with the embassy etc.

Is their a list anywhere where it states which colleges/university diplomas will be and not be attested?

Also, if anyone can give me any details if anyone has had their online diploma courses attested for visa purposes.

Help will be appreciated

UK certficates are attested at FCO offices based in Milton Keynes or London. (ie its same office as for getting the medical certificate attested)

The process is:-

1.Obtain a photocopy of the certificate and get it attested by a solicitor (this is true copy of the original) the solicitor stamps the photocopy.

2. You then need to get the documents attested by the FCO legislation service. Please note, this service is no longer available in London for personal customers, you will need to send your documents to Milton Keynes (or drop off and collect if you are able). Details are as follows:

Legalisation Office
Norfolk House West
437 Silbury Boulevard
Milton Keynes
MK9 2AH
Tel: 03700002244

They charge £30 per document and you can pay online and print off the application forms to send with your document/s. (search for the FCO legalisation office and you will find the step by step guide of what you need to do to apply)

Thanks SaudiUK, what I need to know is if my diploma certificate will get attested. I gained the certificate by doing an online course, so just wondering if they will attest that.

Thanks - information has been found on the FCO wesbite.

the will only attest certicates in the uk if they have been accredited from:
    UK Border Agency
    Scottish Qualifications Authority 
    OfQual
    British Accreditation Council
    Open and Distance Learning Quality Council
    Association of British Language Schools

thanks