The Beauty Topic: Hairdressers, Massages, Facials, All That Jazz!

I thought it would be great if we could share some recommendations for all of the girly things in town - good places to get haircuts, facials, waxing, massages, spray tans, etc, etc.

I know I'd be grateful for advice and recommendations from people who've tried and tested this kind of stuff in Budapest. :) Seems like quality is hit and miss, and it's always hard to find good places when you don't speak Hungarian.

I can kick things off by recommending a good, English-speaking hairdresser. This woman does my hair, my boyfriend's hair, even my mum's when she was in town. The salon is called Horror Barbie Szalon and it's at 1065 Budapest, Nagymező utca 8. Phone number is 06 14131440. Not everybody speaks English there, but my hairdresser "Loli" does and you can ask for her. She's done great cuts with my straight, fine hair, and also with my man's curly fro. She's also done excellent colour on me - fine blond highlights. Plus, she's a sweetheart. The cost for cut is about 5,000 ft, I think? Cut, full head of highlights and blowdry together were about 13,000. It might not be the cheapest, but I think that's a pretty sweet deal, at home you can rarely walk out of a hairdresser without paying $150. Facebook page is: facebook.com/pages/Horror-Barbie-fodr%C3%A1szat-hairdressing/365393281447?sk=info

I can also recommend good waxing at Isis Day Spa: isisdayspa.hu/?lang=en Prices vary, but the receptionists all speak English, so you can call and get a quote for what you want. I've never had a massage or facial there, but would love to hear if other people have.

Finally, if anybody knows a place to get a good spray tan, can you post it?  I tried Kiwi Sun kiwisun.hu/aquatan2.html , which has a booth for spray tans for 1,900 ft, but the colour was so light, I barely saw any difference. I'm getting so pale now summer is over ... :(

Anyone else have recommendations, please share!

Margle wrote:

...... The salon is called Horror Barbie Szalon and it's at 1065 Budapest, Nagymező utca 8. Phone number is 06 14131440. ...

Why would anyone call their hairdressing place Horror Barbie!?

Sounds like a torture place for naughty dolls or Stepford Wives Part 2.

Heh. I know, right? I think it's a kickass name. Totally random.

Hi Margle!

You may recommend all these in the Hungary Business Directory.

Thanks,
Harmonie.:)

Harmonie, can I just keep this as a thread? I'm asking about other people's recommendations - I just only have two.

Margle wrote:

Heh. I know, right? I think it's a kickass name. Totally random.

Well, no different to Google, Yahoo I suppose. But still.....