Successful job interview in Malta

Hi,

passing a job interview in Malta can be a stressful moment, especially you are not familiar with the cultural and professional codes of the country.

How to successfully pass a job interview in Malta ?

What happens during the interview ?

What are the do's and don'ts during a job interview in Malta : what to say or not, what to wear, how to behave ?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience with us !

Julie

How to successfully pass a job interview in Malta ?  - in small companies, by being a family member....

Thanks for the tips georgeingozo!:lol:

Harmonie.;)

I haven't found it much different from the UK personally. Dress smartly (I would wear a shirt and proper trousers), look professional, research the company beforehand and generally know your stuff!

Don't be afraid to ask questions, a few small companies here had some strange requirements (one was having to take a lie detector test everyday for 3 months!) so feel free to question and challenge.

Just be yourself, be smart and professional, just as with anywhere else!

What? A lie detector? You should explain that in another topic :D

Thanks for your contribution iamharibo!;)

Lie Detector? Really!!!:blink:

I agree with iamharibo.

Dress well, Shirt, Trousers, Tie, (Suit if possible... it does make a difference.)
Be yourself, not to over confident but dont feel overawed by people.
Get ready to wait a while... I had 4 interviews with the same company before i was actually taken on. This lasted over 2 months !!! Remember its Malta... things are not usually sorted out overnight.
READ THE CONTRACT !!!!, Most of the contracts have a probationary period.. usually 6 months.... check and read, if you are unhappy about anything then negotiate.

As with any Interviews read up on the company, the people who are interviewing you, use the company webpage, and linkedin is a great resource to find out more about the people in the company...

Julian

:one

I'm still desperate to hear more about the lie detector test....

:lol: