Successful job interview in Romania

Hi,

passing a job interview in Romania can be a stressful moment, especially you are not familiar with the cultural and professional codes of the country.

How to successfully pass a job interview in Romania ?

What happens during the interview ?

What are the do's and don'ts during a job interview in Romania : what to say or not, what to wear, how to behave ?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience with us !

Julie

Hi Julie,

From my experience as an HR Manager I can tell you a few details:
- during an interview they will first of all look over your resume and ask you all kinds of questions. Did you work in team? Were you a supervisor? How many people were in your team? what were your goals? did you reach them...etc.
- some will ask you to describe a normal day in your last work place.
- there are companies that give you tests. very few give intelligence test, some ask you to take psych tests so that they can figure our what type of personality you have and if it matches the type of job they are offering.
- what to wear: depends on the job you are applying for. ranges from: suit and tie to jeans and shirt. It would be a bad idea to go in sweatpants and t-shirt even if you apply for an aerobic instructor position.
- what not to say: never make rude comments on your ex-boss or ex-colleagues for example. If you had successful projects within a team, don't take the credit for it. Don't brag! They can tell when you do it.

I think the best way is to be honest and straight up with them.
Most times they will ask you to name 3 things you are not very good at; never say "uhmm..i can't think of any"

Well this is all I could think about this time.
:)
Good luck!

Thank you very much for your contribution ilincaionescu!;)

Harmonie.:)