Successful job interview in Italy

Hi,

passing a job interview in Italy can be a stressful moment, especially you are not familiar with the cultural and professional codes of the country.

How to successfully pass a job interview in Italy ?

What happens during the interview ?

What are the do's and don'ts during a job interview in Italy : what to say or not, what to wear, how to behave ?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience with us !

Julie

Hi Julie

My experience so far has been varied. When I had to do interviews in Italian (mine was quite poor at first) it generally had to be in very formal language. This ofcourse depends on the person interviewing you, but in general I found you had to at least start very formally.

When I did some in English they were less formal, however this might also be because my interviewers were Italian and their English wasn't perfect so they coudln't exactly find fault even if they wanted to.

I find it really depends on who is interviewing you. Safe to say, always go in a suit (Italians love their suits), in general dress well and polished and don't be afraid of suitable make-up.

CV wise, they seem to like pictures on your CV (which is a HUGE no-no in Canada, but here its almost necessary).

Good luck!
Neeya

Thanks for your contribution Neeya!

Harmonie.:)