Cairo Short Film Project - CSFP

Hi Expats,

I want to suggest an idea for a semi-informal film-making club in Maadi...

Back home in Toronto, I was part of a Short Film project, where people interested in film would get together, share their ideas for a script - and plan ideas for making a short film.

performers, script writers, film editors, musicians, directors, etc - and those interested in trying a different side of the film-making process had opportunities to practice and teach one-another.  I think it be a great idea, given we're expats in a new era of Egypt.  Suggestions Welcomed.

hey roccosoldi,
thats a brilliant idea, i would like to share in such a thing, am egyptian am from maadi too,
or its only for expats !

hey Magnum,

thanks for your interest.  As long as you can communicate in English, and have an open mind - that's all that matters.  I'd like to keep it a safe, welcoming environment, for all those interested.

...it might be a while before we get started... i don't know anyone with a decent camera yet...but i'm sure we'll come up with something.  The idea is to make it at a zero, or next to nothing budget.  Any Actra/SAG/Equity members out there?

hi...I m interested in this project...I think it would be fun....could we keep in touch ?