New in Jeddah - Any expats to meet up?

Hi all,
Been in Jeddah for 2 weeks now and whilst I am loving the blue sky and sunshine I am slowly going mad. I am here working and live in a private house and I am finding it impossible to meet other expats.
If there is anyone out there please say hello lol

S-J

Hello marypoppins_76 and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Jeddah forum for better visibility.

Harmonie.:)

hey ..welcome to Jeddah Marry .. whereabouts you working and staying ?

most of the social scene here is confined to work colleagues and apartment buddies.. unless you are living on a compound or know ppl living there..

ladies... hello. i'm new to this blogging thing! but i am thinking of moving to SA working as a nurse.. what is life like there?

Hello ..

hi mary welcome to jeddah!!

welcome to the magic kingdom

Welcome in Jeddah

Welcome Marry, I know you must be feeling out of place, it takes time to adjust to the life in Saudi Arabia. It is quite difficult to go alone and surf around the mall, unless ur accompanied with a representative or with group of women. I live with my family here ( Wife & 3 Kids). If you feel like meeting us ur are most welcome.

Bari

im new here too. will be here a week tommorow and already i am feeling like i am gonna go crazzzy i hope their is more to do than shopping !!!!

Welcom Dee_Dids, I know it must be boring and you will feel you r lost. Living so long here I can suggest you to join any health club, you will make friends and you will back on track.
I recommend you just dont close the doors and sit alone, mobilize yourself and do some physical exercise.

Regards,
Bari

Hi

It is not impossible

let us meet [email protected]

@mahantash: pls avoid using your caps lock on the forum. Thank you. ;)

To all. You may organise an Expat.com meet up to meet other expat and share experiences.

thanks

Christine I will avoid Caps

any one can send email to me to be a friend

[email protected]

Hii Marry,
Welcome to jeddah, sure it would be a great change to meet up for coffee or something over the weekends, if you're interested just drop me a msg :)

Cheers!

what's the problem with caps lock?

John Rapahel me too never get it mate :)

Hi welcome in jeddah your Second Place im Local from here and be happy to Help you to know more abut Saudi

Hi All,
Anyone wants to go for fishing and boating on Jeddah Red Sea with family or singles 250 SR/head. Including brakefast and lunch from 08:00 morning till 05:00 PM.

Make most out of your weekends.

Place for 10 Adults and 4 kids with bedroom and bathroom facility on boat. Separate Sit-out and fishing area.

Go for swimming! Have Fun

Welcome to Jeddah :) Bridges on Arafat street has loads of friendly people that you'll surely enjoy meeting. There's loads of events to attend, plus there's Edge of Arabia's exhibition on Jan 18th and 19th, which should be a good place to meet art appreciators if you are one.

Also, Twitter is a good place to find people according to similar interests.

Hope that helps :)

Christine wrote:

@mahantash: pls avoid using your caps lock on the forum. Thank you. ;)

To all. You may organise an Expat.com meet up to meet other expat and share experiences.

I like the Expat.com meetup idea. Anyone else interested. I am up for it!

when?

Barish wrote:

Hi All,
Anyone wants to go for fishing and boating on Jeddah Red Sea with family or singles 250 SR/head. Including brakefast and lunch from 08:00 morning till 05:00 PM.

Make most out of your weekends.

Place for 10 Adults and 4 kids with bedroom and bathroom facility on boat. Separate Sit-out and fishing area.

Go for swimming! Have Fun

Hi,
can I have some more details like: date, place, picture of boat, fishing assist...

waiting you.

Thanks

Hi marry. Welcome and try to enjoy ur time.

hi marypoppins.i arrived a few days after you but i am lucky to be staying with a few other south africans so it aint so lonely. i can only imagine how boared you are getting.i would like to get together with other expats but i`m not sure if males and females are allowed to mingel. i hope it gets easier for you.im here 2 months and its getting harder for me.

hi people you still there ?

amjusthere wrote:

hi people you still there ?

Well I emailed her a month or two ago and she never replied.  So either she's left and uninterested--OR--she's made a million friends and is SO busy she doesn't have time to reply!

:)

youre not alone.... :(

Closed