Anyone living in the Dominican Republic

Hi looking to move to Dominican Republic before we retire so we can enjoy our lives before we are old!  Want to work and live amoungst the lovely people of the domminican republic.  Have visited 9 times and would love to work in DR so when work is over we are in heaven!

Hi and welcome to the forum jmnorr!

Maybe you should tell more about your qualifications and experiences so that other members can guide you ;)

Regards
Armand

My husband and I are looking to relocate in the Dominican Republic.  We have visited 9 times both on and off resort.  We love the Sosua/Cabarette area.  We are in our late 50's and want to work in the DR even after we are able to collect US social security. We want to live a healthier life in the DR,  we like to swim, hike, cook and enjoy people.  I have 30 years experience in the dental field as an office manager and dental assistant also teaching dental assisting and dental surgical assistant for implants.  My husband is a dental lab technician with special emphasis on models, articulation and dies for fixed prosthetics including implants.  I have an associates degree in liberal arts and am presently a nanny/home school teacher for a doctor and her two:lol: boys 4 and 18months.  I have been with them since they were born.  I have taught Sunday school and administrated the program as well.  I have also been the treasurer.

Do understand that finding jobs here are very difficult and very low paying.  There are no dental Labs that I know of in the Puerto Plata, Sosua, cabarete area.  You will also need your Cedula (national ID card) and residency to work legally.
To give you an idea of salary. I help run the free medical/Dental clinic at Monkey Jungle here in the area and we pay our dentist $2000RD (about $48) a day for a full 9 hour day.
This area however is a great place to retire, live, and enjoy life.
How is your spanish????
We have been here for 6 years and not looked back for a nano second.

Bob K