Can he be deported?

Hi - Can anyone direct me toward the formality of having someone deported. Unfortunately, my daughter is with a really bad guy. He's from India but now lives and works illegally in Nairobi. He did the same thing in Hong Kong and was arrested there.

Do the Customs officials question whether you have a criminal record upon entry? If so, I am certain he lied. This married guy was in jail for attempted murder in India. What has to happen for an illegal worker to be deported? Do the police care? How long does the process take and would you know what evidence is needed?

I am really worried that he will again hurt my daughter.

Hi when u say illegally does it mean that he doesn't have a work permit?if so u jus have to tell the police.

Correct, he certainly doesn't have a work permit. Someone else responded that the police just might accept a bribe from him if he gets bothered. Do you know how quickly immigration or the police work on these matters?

Not always that Kenya police accept bribes.jus report him trust me they will have their eyes on him.all the best.

foreigners who want to run a business need a permit from the immigration in order for them not to be deported, there are two types of permit, for a business owner and to work as an employee. Find out about that then you can think of deporting him, Prayers for your daughter's safety.. tc

I think I  need a lawyer in Nairobi who can help me. Does anyone have a referral?

hi scared..i am a lawyer (admin apologies but not advertising here)and have worked with several cases of immigration, security and child welfare. first point (i know you are every distressed) but please be very careful as to what you post on public forums. Secondly if you have information regarding the issue at hand i suggest you make a file listing the dates, issues and details of when the 'issue' began and the current status. If you have any details regarding abuse, neglect, illegal actions etc please ensure you make copies of everything (emails etc). I then ask you to get in touch with me directly. I will accordingly advise if. If you do not feel comfortable then you may get in touch with your respective embassy (if one is in kenya) and they may help you (keep in mind things will move much more slowly). However if your daughter is over 18 then accordingly you may have a problem convincing your daughter. Do let me know.

Iam pretty sure that a person with a known criminal record would not be eligible for any kind of visa to enter Kenya.  As previous posts indicate, it is illegal to work in Kenya without a work permit.  To have him deported, I imagine that you would approach Immigration, giving details about where he can be found.

hi. kindly get in touch i assist you.

That the guy doesnt have a work permit and is in the country illegally is more than enough reason/ground for his deportation once the relevant authorities are notified.All the best and prayers for your daughter.

Hi scared my sympathy to you. I know a guy who works at the immigration. Who can  get in touch with me and i can introduce you to him. He can help

This would be amazing. I started a facebook page at "Jason Scared"

Others have also written to me that they can help but no results. I guess Immigration is busy. It's something I can't understand.

If you can help, please, I would appreciate your effort. Meanwhile, there is no way to explain my pain and suffering.

Jason

Jason,  Unfortunately, it isn't unusual to have lots of offers of help, which don't come to fruition.  I have experienced this time and again with offers of assistance to gain employment/work permit.  I get the impression that some people posting on this forum appear to be promoting their businesses. 

I still think that for best results you need to get yourself to Kenya.

With regard to getting Ahmed deported, you need to find out where he works.  Immigration are getting very keen on 'flushing out' illegal workers and will raid premises where illegal workers have been reported.

Hi Thika -

I wrote to you also on the forum page. The Kenyan Ambassador to the US Assistant contacted me yesterday and we will meet next Tuesday. Then, his office will follow up with an official letter to Immigration which will cause them to act.

As I have stated on the Facebook page: Jason Scared    --- the easiest way would be for someone to spot him working at Parklands or the Westlands. He will be arrested for immigration fraud. Then, Maria can be away from him.

Of course, ,y instinct is to travel to Kenya. But once there I would go to immigration whereby they would tell me without proof of him working illegally or another crime or Maria coming forward, they will not do anything. The expats with whom I spoke tell me i would become even more discouraged. I have their ISP address. Therefore, if the police or immigration want to arrest him, they can get a court order requiring the ISP provider to release the physical address and then an arrest can be made.

It's torture just knowing he is with her. But it's worse that I am limited as to what I can do. No parent wants to go through this. If I can just get anyone to print the pictures from the facebook page and find him, things would change very fast. I will pay a reward. Do u know anyone?