One Year in Australia

Hi Everyone!

My name is Yoann Couble, I'm 21 and I'm French!
I am a second year engineering student from Toulouse (My School is ENSEEIHT). I'm studying Telecommunications technologies and Networking. We usually spend 3 years in this school (if we pass each year!)

During these 3 years, we can have a break - a one year long break - to do whatever we want as long as we build a solid project. I am heading to spend one year abroad, in Australia or Singapore. I want to find a job there, and live there for a year.

At this point, I need some help. I do not know how I am going to find a job.
If you had the same experience as i want to have, would you mind sharing it with me?
If you have any idea that can help me, please tell me! :)
And generally speaking, what do you think of all I've said? Do you think it is possible to do?

You can contact me by Private Message, or just on this post.

Best Regards,

Yoann Couble
2nd year student at Enseeiht Toulouse
Telecom & Networking department.

Hi Yoann, I invite you to take a look at the different discussions of the forum, it may help.;)

You may also post an advert in Australia classifieds > jobs section.

Good luck,
Harmonie.:)

Hey there! I think you might be able to apply for a Working Holiday Pass in either countries, but just check if its available for you. It allows you to work in the country you're visiting for a period of time so that you can sustain yourself through the holiday. I can't give you any links but just search it up on the internet and see what you can find :)
It's definitely possible to do, I'm planning on doing it myself and I'm still in highschool :L
Hope this helps a little bit, enjoy your travels!

What job are you after? - be aware Australia is an expensive place to live in all aspects but most jobs available are just paying peanuts. Can be stressful.

Does the UNI has an exchange program in place sort of staying with families. Family stay is recommended to keep costs down. Be careful what you do.