What to bring to CHINA????

HEY! I'M TRAVELING FROM THE U.S. TO SHANGHAI IN A MONTH AND WANTED TO KNOW SOME OF THE THINGS THAT YOU COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT IN CHINA.  I'M IN PROCESS OF GETTING STUFF TOGETHER!  I WOULD LOVE TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND POSSIBLY MAKE NEW FRIENDS WHILE I'M THERE!:)

about food: it's difficult to find cold drinks and food in China, cos people have warm food and water. So it's necessary to bring a container that helps to keep temperature low. Like a bottle or whatever. But don't worry, fruits and vegetables and icecream are really cheap in Shanghai.
about clothing: it's going to be extremely hot and humid in July in Shanghai. So you know what to bring. sunscreen is necessary. also some nice dress. In Shanghai there are some very nice bars, artistically designed, really worth visiting.
some chocklate that you really like. Chinese sweet food and dessert is generally not sweet enough for westerners.
that's whatever I can think of so far. If I come up with some more ideas, I will let you know.

Bring with you a lot of Purel -- rubbing alcohol for use to clean your hands.   Make sure you bring comfortable shoes -- based on your tastes and size those may not be easy to find in Shanghai....Bring electric plug adapters as well as voltage converter.   Not sure where you will be staying but keep in mind that China is on 220V...
Good luck on your trip.  You can check out my blog at http://travel.chinafinds.com for more info.