Normal prices in Mombasa. (Not mzungu prices)
1. Rent will range from anything from KSH 4,000 up to KSH 10,000 depending on what you go fore and how many bedroom apartment you are looking at.
2. Local transport on a mini bus (matatu) will cost you on average about KSH 30.00 for a single trip, it is the most common method of transportation in Kenya, or in the city there are bus services but they charge around KSH 50.00.
3.Buying Cd's - Varies, you can buy fake coppies at KSH 200.00 or the origionals at KSH 1,500.00
4. CD's at concerts, usually not on sale until they hit the local shops.
5. Regarding Net, you are looking at about KSH 60.00 -80.00 depending on where you go.
6. Foods costs around KSH 2200.00 on a weekly basis, but again this depends on what you consume, it may be less if you stick to supermarket brands.
7. Buying a mobile can range from KSH 4000.00 up to 60,000.00 it solely depends on what you buy, and the here we use a top up system so a KSH 1,000.00 card can last about a week, depending on how many calls you make and SMS's you send.
8. Other living expenses such as utilities depend on the consumption of electricity and water. Usually for a small flat i woudl say electricity and water would come to a total of around KSH 4,000.00 - 8,000.00 per month.