Questions about female everyday life.

As salaamu alaikum (Good Morning to some)

I have some questions re: the lifestyle for women in KSA.

I was curious about the following:

*Is niqab obligatory?
*Childcare for children
*Do all the schools teach Islamic studies?
*What would I do if I wanted to obtain a hire degree (ie BSN - MSN or maybe Phd in Nursing)
*Activities for children?
*DOs & DON'Ts for women?

I would like for those that were born and raised or spent some time in KSA?

FOR THOSE THAT JUST ARRIVED: Please share your experiences about whatever.

All responses are greatly appreciated!
Jazakallahu Khairun

Hello HanifahAbdul-Khaliq, do not hesitate to take a look at the different discussions of the forum. It may help.;)

Harmonie.:)

since im born & raised here i'll answer all ur qs ;)

Ashlee2 wrote:

since im born & raised here i'll answer all ur qs ;)

Please do... insha'allah :)!

*Is niqab obligatory?
*Childcare for children
*Do all the schools teach Islamic studies?  NO
*What would I do if I wanted to obtain a hire degree (ie BSN - MSN or maybe Phd in Nursing)- No idea
*Activities for children? alots... do not worry
*DOs & DON'Ts for women? just live your life and respect their rules

Is nigab obligatory? No!

I hope it will help u ;)

*Is niqab obligatory ==> No
*Childcare for children ==> depends where u live & work
*Do all the schools teach Islamic studies ==> No
*What would I do if I wanted to obtain a hire degree (ie BSN - MSN or maybe Phd in Nursing)==> Go check private colleges & see the avaliable courses
*Activities for children ==> like day care it depends there's private kindergardens that got great programms 
*DOs & DON'Ts for women ==> Not much just dont forget 2 wear ur abaya when u go out :D

First of all,you're welcome in Saudi Arabia dear sister.
And i'll answer you from my background as a Saudi citizen.

HanifahAbdul-Khaliq wrote:

As salaamu alaikum (Good Morning to some)

I have some questions re: the lifestyle for women in KSA.

I was curious about the following:

*Is niqab obligatory? It's not 'obligatory' but Saudi women as a Muslims must cover their faces.For the other women, foreigners,'Abaya,which covers your body' is Obligatory. 
*Childcare for children? You can find kindergarten in every where,especially in the real cities like Riyadh,Jeddah,Dammam,Jubail,and so many others.
*Do all the schools teach Islamic studies? YES even the international schools . And i'm wondering about the people above who said no !!
*What would I do if I wanted to obtain a hire degree (ie BSN - MSN or maybe Phd in Nursing)
*DOs & DON'Ts for women?

I would like for those that were born and raised or spent some time in KSA?

FOR THOSE THAT JUST ARRIVED: Please share your experiences about whatever.

All responses are greatly appreciated!
Jazakallahu Khairun

Good luck.:)

TECHNICALLY abaya isnt mandatory.

but EXTREMELY encouraged.

@d44 I'm wondering why you said Saudi women as Moslems must cover their faces.  I know many who don't.  In fact, take a stroll through any mall and look around.  Wearing the niqab is a matter of choice.

its that washing of brains i tell you

*Is niqab obligatory?
No. Techicallity or not, the abaya is obligatory. And if the religious police ask you to cover your hair it helps to have a scarf on you. personally, I live in a very conservative area and find my life easier by wearing it all.

*Childcare for children
You should have no trouble finding in major cities or via a nanny.

*Do all the schools teach Islamic studies?
No. Technically it should be done, but international schools get around it by teaching Arabic and/or cultural Saudi subjects.

If you speak, read, and write Arabic you may be able to find a school. Oherwise, do it online.

Depending in where you are swimming, horseback riding, playing withother kids, instrument learning, languagelearning, and so on.

*DOs & DON'Ts for women?
The only thing I can suggest is to not join the us vs them some women have regarding the local women.