Baby-sitterŽs salary

Dear all,

I would like to hire a baby-sitter for a few months, 5 days a week from 8 to 18.

Does anyone know what the average monthly salary could be?

Thanxx!!

A good baby sitter will not be less than 500 usd per month

it depends on the language the baby sitter speaks
if she speaks english it will coast maybe 2000 lE

It depends on what you want !
If you want a bored lady that supervises your children, it could be around 2000 LE.
If you want an active lady, that has skills and knowledge for working with children, and your children having a great time, being taught good manners and a lot of useful things, even 5oo $ it s little!
In my opinion, it s very important her to be good skilled, as soon as she works with your children brains! A poor investment brings poor results! But all depends on how much you could allow yourself to pay!
Good luck!

I don't know what's the going rate but when I saw this I was shocked. That's a lot of money for a baby sitter ( not round the clock house maid just a simple baby sitter)

valibilic wrote:

In my opinion, it s very important her to be good skilled, as soon as she works with your children brains! A poor investment brings poor results! But all depends on how much you could allow yourself to pay!Good luck!

thats totally right.

ExpatEnglishTeacher wrote:

I don't know what's the going rate but when I saw this I was shocked. That's a lot of money for a baby sitter ( not round the clock house maid just a simple baby sitter)

" ... a simple baby sitter" is a type of private teacher that has to direct the child, to teach him manners, drawing, language, numeracy, how to play, how to eat, how to serve himself.... so it s not so " simple"!
And in addition she must work 10 hours daily: 8 am - 6 pm, and has responsibilities. Being a baby sitter is not a teacher that goes at school to get some students for private lessons, and nobody cares!

[Moderated: Off topic]

I think the word "babysitter" is causing a little confusion. When I hear the word babysitter I mean a job that in the West your little 16 year neighbour would do for $10. If I was looking for someone to perform those tasks you listed I would have used a different word like tutor or mentor or live in teacher but babysitter never.

If the employee has to do all those things you asked then definitely at least 6,000 should be paid