International Schools in Barcelona

Hi my husband and I and our 2 children are moving to Barcelona next summer and are looking for a school for our daughter, who will be 6yrs at the time of the move. 

Our children are half scottish, half spanish and speak both english and spanish (with english being much more dominant right now). 

We are looking for an international school that focuses more on english and spanish rather than catalan.

we were looking at Colegio Ingles, Santa Claus Academy, Oakhouse School, Kensington School, St Peters and Iscat.

If anyone has any knowledge of these schools, good or bad, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Hi

I am also from Scotland and have been living in Barcelona for just over a year now.  Not sure about the other schools but St Peter's would seem to meet your requirements.  They don't teach English or international curriculum but all subjects are taught in English with the exception of other languages (Spanish, Catalan, French and German are all taught in primary, although they don't start French until class 5).  All children do an hour of Spanish a day from class 1 onwards.

As for the others I have no personal knowledge but if you have any specific questions you would like answered send me a PM and I will do my best to find out as I do know people through the six degrees of separation rule who could find out for me.

Happy hunting.

thanks so much Suzy! so how do you like Barcelona? Do you have children at St Peters then?  How do you rate the Poblenou & Badalona areas, thats where were looking to stay.

also what are your opinions on Oak House school?
I was looking at that one too as its a bit cheaper than St Peters.

Though St Peters looks like a really good school, its a bit pricey for us.