Another newbie from England to Shanghai

Hi guys and girls just thought i'd take a minute to introduce myself.  My name is David and i'm 27 originaly form London.

I'm living in the Luwan district for about 6 months so if anyone is about that area, please feel free to give me a shout as I am completely new and a foreigner lost in translastion!

Take care guys and thanks for reading my thread.

Have a great day!

Hi Davey,  me and my partner are from Wales  yayyyy!!!!  lol  and are coming out mid November for a month, home for Christmas and then back to Shanghai for a while.

Would be really interested to have your views of the place so far.

Do you like it?  Is it easy to get around?  make friends ??

Really look forward to hearing from you and perhaps we'll meet you for a drink when we get there :)

Hi Duchess thank you for reply, I was in Swansea and the Brecons just before I moved out to Shnghai in early October.

Well.... I only arrived at 1am Thursday morning (shanghai time) and was in transit for 21 hours prior then I went straight to work at 8.  So I haven't really had a chance to explore yet but what i have seen of Shanghai...... It is amazing!!!

I have networked with many expats from all different parts of the world, everyone is friendly and willing to help a fellow foreigner.

Getting around is very easy and unbeliveably cheap.  the tube cost me 30p for a 20 minute journey at the weekend and the maps are also in English...Which is a great help!! lol

If you use an iphone, download the app called "Smart Shanghai" and have a play, this is a god send!!

of course feel free to email when you arrive and are "de-lagged" by then I may know a thing or two and show you around the city.

So what are you planning to do when you arrive, are you working or considering a possible move in the new year?

Chinese New Year will be amaing!!

My partner is working and I intend to soak up the atmosphere, and look for something when I am out there.   It looks like relocation is on the cards in January.

You sound really buzzed up about the place :) nice to hear that things aren't as difficult as some have told me :)  some things in English etc and easy to get around.  I have just heard about the spitting and queue jumping.

You must have been shattered when you got there. 

Anything you could tell me I would really appreciate.  Like what is difficult to get or pricey etc, as we will have a shipment so will be looking to stock up on some items.....like makeup !!! (sorry Davey, don't expect you to look around for this lol ) giggling :)

We will definitely be there for Chinese New Year :)

Welcome to Shanghai, mate. I'm willing to answer any of your questions. Please feel free to contact me via email.

Hi silens01!

Why don't you help on the forum, so that each member may benefit from it?;)

Harmonie.:)

Hey David! I just moved there from Los Angeles a month ago and would like to make new friends and explore and learn this great city with!!