Expired visa and travelling in egypt

hi,

my friend is planning to go to taba for the eid holidays. problem is that her tourist visa has expired and she is in prcess of getting work permit. actually all she has now is her passport with some number on it and a piece of paper that her work permit is on its way. do you think she can face any problems on the checkpoints because of that? i would be grateful for your help because she is panicking.

thanks!

As long as she has a valid passport she will pass any checkpoint whether its a police or a military checkpoint.... also the work permit paper is important.

You reminded me when i went to ElSokhna with an American friend on the day when Moubarak stepped down, a military C.P stopped us and she got nothing but an American driving license :D
The officer was nice and he let us go after a lot of arguing with him.

Hope her a nice and safe trip ;)

Cześć Magdaw

I experienced this situation;
Last new year, I was going to Neweiba and then on the bus a kiwi lady with expired visa. At the checkpoint an officer asked her to step out of the bus with a lot of negotiation with her Egyptian friends he took her to the police station to get a new extension visa, which took only 20 minutes and then she join the group again with the new visa.

Tell your friend, any expired visa has more ten days after the expiry date when you will be treated as you have a valid visa. Ten days free after the expiry date.