PIN & Alien Certificate.

Hi,

Dose anyone know if anyon can get a PIN? Specifically a non resident?I went into times towers when I was last in Nairobi to apply for a PIN and got told I have to get an alien certificate first? I never had time to look into it then, but heading back in a week and hoping its not that complicated? Any advise on this matter would be great.

What exactly is an alien certificate? I'll only need the PIN to buy a car and over time I'll apple for my work permit or hopefully they will allow dual citizenship soon.

Hi,

I'm in the process of getting my alien card so I can then get my pin. As far as I know you need a work permit to apply for a alien card.

After you are here for more than 3 months you have to get an extension on your visa and you should be given a temporary Alien certificate. I''m not sure if that's what you need but I'm sure I had a piece of cardboard which said I was an 'Alien'!
Look into that and you should get that from Nyayo House in Town when you extend your Visa.

In terms of the citizenship, I have been told that it's actually extremely limited. You can only get duel if you have a Kenyan Father who was a Kenyan citizen at the time of Independence. This means that it will be very hard for you (and me!) to get citizenship and not renounce our original nationality. That is according to the new Constitution. 

Hope this helps to clarify.
Bec

Hi Bec,

The citizenship. Thanks for that info. Luckily I'm 4th generation, both my grandfather and father held Kenyan passports. Not sure if I can get hold of them, but they might have them on record..... So if that's the case, I should stand a good chance. Would make life a lot easier.

Thanks again for your help.

Ian

Hi,

I got a PIN several years ago, without being resident or having an alien ID.  I needed the PIN to register our company.  My Lawyer applied on my behalf - no problem getting it.

If you have been in Kenya for over 90 days (as a foreigner) you should already have applied for the Alien ID and it is an offence not to do so (my daughter found out the hard way, when she attempted to leave Kenya after 6 months). 

With regard to dual citizenship, I have pasted a link which should open the new act and you can read for yourself the criteria for dual citizenship!

http://cickenya.org/sites/default/files … 202011.pdf

Hello!
I have an idea to move to live in Kenya. Buy a house, car, boat. Fishing, diving.
I read a lot of information about Kenya, I learned about taxes, rates and much more. While happy with everything, but there is one problem with the permit or citizenship.
Tell me, who have already solved this problem as it takes time and money?