Go or Melita???

Moving to Malta next week so want to contact a company asap so I can get TV/phone/Internet combined and ready for us to use as quick as we can. Can anyone tell me which they have found best out of the above and is there another company that does this that I might be missing.
Thankyou :)

As for cable tv there is only Go and Melita...personally i have found Melita to be the best of the two

Thankyou for your input they do seem to have some good bundle deals at the mo so IŽll get cracking and sort this out xxx

its only my opinion as am sure there will be people who havent had the excellent service that i have experienced - just in my case i have not had a problem with phone nor internet services. my only criticism is the tv package leaves a lot to be desired of tv.....its very poor in terms of content - granada and bbc entertainment are way behind real live uk tv - between three weeks and 5-10 years and am not joking.....its all re-broadcast stuff rarely live....but its the same stuff that Go use to////a.d it gets repeated more times than sky tv for sure,,,,lol

we use a dreambox but are investigating other sources of uk tv and have trialled a few too - coz eventually the DB will disappear in present guise....within 6 months i guess.

if i were you i would get ur internet and phone initially and then consider what you need in terms of tv services - honestly go and melita are a joke in these areas....try eltel tv as a ip tv service its good and its cheap at 10euros per month and it incl vpn for iplayers - and PAYG too - quality of output is excellent to a hd tv

Telephone wise, GO have a better fixed line network that works well

Internet, Melita are better and offer a wider range of broadband configurations but most importantly, should you decide to use an IPTV delivery service for your viewing requirements, GO are very hot upon their user maximum cap (which is actually much lower than Melita) plus Melita will not apply the maximum cap unless it is 'dragging down' the rest of their distributed network (which as a D3 network should not really happen for some time)

With regard to the IPTV service, I cannot comment as I am biased towards Toonarmys way of thinking... cannot think why!!!

I hope the move goes smoothly for you...

Best wishes

Mike

Agree with all the Above.... Melita if you are looking for a decent Internet... there phone is Voip based but in my opinion works well for me...

Welcome to the Rock Linsey :)

Julian

btw .... my daughter had a baby girl after 19 hours of labour was then taken for an emergency C section mum and baby Liesa (7lb 5oz) are doing very well :)

Congratulations Julian, delighted that all went well!

Keep in touch and Martin has those bits for you.

VBR

Mike

In my experience melita dont really cut you off if you exceed the download limit - but they do send you an email advising you of your excess - I do think they "apply the brakes" but as mikea said it only happens if your affecting the rest of the network...downloads with melita are free of charge between 11pm and 7am whereas with Go its between midnight and 6am....plus Go tend to have lower speeds for the similar outlay. Some friends of mine use IPTV for UKTV all the time now and whenever the brakes are applied they simply complain and it gets put back to normal again....why i dont know but they do it and it works for them.

CONGRAT TO SCUBA

CONGRATULATIONS :) on the birth of your daughters baby and completely off the subject of the thread I also had to have a C section and canŽt recommend enough having warm baths with a cup of milk and 10 drops of pure lavender oil, it helps the scar remain clean and aids healing and also sooooo relaxing!!!

Back to the thread, we already use an Internet based website so we can watch all the UK freeview channels (not sure if I can say the site on here???) but this isn't very good for my daughter and I noticed that Melita and Go have the Disney channels etc, I donŽt just put her in front of the telly all day but when you have dinner to prep its convenient ha ha!!! Also with the website the viewing isn't continuous like normal TV you choose one programme at a time.

I need to find out more about this IPTV service x

Hi,

For TV the way seems to be the internet as the Maltese cable services are well worn repeats in general.

As for internet I have the Melita 25 meg unlimited service with unlimited landline for Eur25 per month. The internet really is fast!

Only thing is it took 27 days from going to the shop to get it installed, they made 4 technician appointments for me, and either didn't call and so reported that no one was in, turned up at the wrong time when I wasn't there, or just didn't turn up at all.

Hope this helps,

Jack

Thankyou for all your input, we are going to use Melita for phone and Internet I think as this seems to be getting the better press as for TV I am going to look into this IPTV service a bit more and make a decision after that. Thanks again xxx

Just started using a service, have a look at the "sky tv in Malta" thread...

I have the MELITA XL package that gives you internet-phone-HD Cable.

The first 10 months of the HD Box was a nightmare since they went out to the market before having a decent software yet..but now its ok.

Customer Service is badddd but that's a general rule in the rock.

ThatŽs ok, having lived in Spain for the last 18 months that was a culture shock from the UK. General attitude here is so laid back IŽm not surprised the country has financial difficulties. Customer service is awful, so got quite used to it unfortunately!!!

Lindsey,

I sent you a message with a link to an IPTV service I am using at the mo. Might be interesting for you? Tried it our last night and worked very well...

JJ

Thanks JJ, IŽve just replied :) x