The Cost and care of and infant?

Hi im Kyle, I was planning my move to quito in feb, with my little girl who is just four months old. What would i exspect to pay for a private nanny and all her formula, diapers etc. Are there daycare services that i can take her two during the day and night? Or due i just hire a fulltime nanny who can do this for me? Any help would be great thanks!

Hello Kyle and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to take a look at the different discussions of the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.:)

A nanny (called a ninera here) would be about $12 a day -- I'm going to have to take a look at some old supermarket receipts from purchases I've made for my godson over the pas year (my friends little grandson Jeremy) but the prices are reasonable -- let's see what I recall: 

Local is always less than imported so Huggies might be $9 for 20 while the local brand would be $5.  The most expensive of the formulas which I purchased -- Noni by Nestle with probiotics I think was $13 for a big can that lasted well over a month and now he is eating solids supplemented with an oatmeal "milk" (with bananas or strawberries) and that is perhaps $3 for a bag that lasts a week or so.

Over on on Expatexchange.com in the Ecuador forum is a lovely young woman with a baby daughter (5 months) -- the poster's name is MarciaZ and she could tell you much more.  She's in Salinas -- on the coast -- but it's a start!

Congrats and hope to see you here at the equator soon! 

Susan
TheOceanHideaway.com

Hi
What did you find? I'm moving in September with my son. I don't need full time care but was wondering about an occasional weekend or just help once in a while.