Disney English is looking for exceptional individuals to instruct children ages 2-12 at our Language Learning Centers throughout China. Trainers will use an innovative and immersive Disney program, leveraging Disney’s beloved characters, stories, songs, animation and other materials, to provide a highly engaging and effective premium learning experience.
The English Language Trainer reports to the Language Learning Director (LLD) in the Disney English Language Learning Center.
• Become proficient in delivering the Disney English interactive content and comprehensive classroom/home delivery of Disney English including the “on-line” parent portal.
• Use scripted printed materials, multimedia and a variety of audio-visual aids. There is emphasis on dialogue, story-telling, singing and role-playing, but more formal exercises, language games and literature are also used.
• Work with local Assistant Trainers to ensure classes are run efficiently and start and end as scheduled.
• Prepare lessons, realia, print materials, technology and supplemental materials prior to the start of each class.
• Attend weekly meetings with the LLD to communicate all pertinent student and classroom management issues.
• Participate in outside of classroom academic, marketing and Center social events as needed
• Collect audio & visual portfolio evidence of language learner work during lessons.
• Provide private lessons to young language learners as required due to learner absences or for students that are falling behind the class.
• Deliver both formal and informal assessments and progress reports throughout the program and keep close oversight on all learner records.
• Interact with both parents and young language learners in a way that makes language learning fun, engaging and educational.
• With local Assistant Trainers, maintain strong communication with parents as to their children’s progress by means of the Teacher/Parent portal and ongoing communication during performances, phone calls and parent/teacher conferences.
• Bachelors degree required
• Candidates should have at least 1 year experience teaching, but preferably 2 or more years experience teaching English to children.
• Candidates should be native English speakers
• Internationally recognized TEFL or TESOL certification
• Creativity and excitement to bring a unique personality to the Disney English classroom including talents in music, art, and performing arts.
• Able to commit to a minimum of a 12 month contract
• Able to stand for extended periods of time, squat and bend. Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds is required.
Various locations include: Shanghai, Beijing, Suzhou, Chengdu, Ningbo, Tianjin, Nanjing, Dalian, Wuhan, and Hangzhou.
Qualified candidates may apply at Disneyenglish.com: