Potential expat,.. questions,questions, questions

Hey everyone

I'm considering working in Abu Dhabi for about 6months to a year.. Nathing serious, more like a gap year from my studies..

I'm currently completing my third year in Accounting and Economics and will be doing honours. I'd like to take a gap year in between and work abroad.

I'd like to know how you all found jobs, were they serious? It sounds like I need an employer to sponsor my trip, how did you all go about it.

What do I need to consider, anything to look out for?...I'd really like to work there and travel while I'm there. If you've lived in another country, preferably Europe or Australia, pls let me know how your experience was.

I don't know where to start, pls help!

Have a great day, thanks

If it's just casual work you are looking for (and no one is going to offer you anything more temporary if you are only going to be around for a year), just bear in mind that you will be competing with hundreds of thousands of subcontinentals and far eastern job seekers, who will work for peanuts for 14 hours a day in the hot sun and live 10 to a room in labour camps.

The streets of the UAE are paved with $hit, not gold....