New to Melbourne

Hi all,

Love this site because it's tri-lingual!
So as a newbie, I just thought I'd introduce myself.

I have been in Melbourne now for 5 months and am loving it. A new job, new life, new friends... Having been extremely busy with my new job, I have not really made much time for my social life, but have met some fantastic people nonetheless. I am looking for like-minded peeps/families/individuals who like food, wine, nice fun evenings, music, games... anyone with kids out there willing to share precious advice give us a shout! I'll be posting more questions for sure. Anyway, look forward to hearing from anyone interested in joining us for the next multi-cultural get-together. Maybe over French crepes? Tempted anyone?

Hi HoneyMon!

Welcome to Expat.com and thanks for this introduction ;)
Hope to read more from you soon!

Regards
Armand

Hello HoneyMon.How is life there?I live in Greece and things here r terrible.Is it easy to find job in Melbourne?

Hi Spiros, love it here but life is extremely expensive compared to EU. My husband has been here since mid-Aug and is still looking for a job. But he is quite fussy. I have been told that it's normally quite easy to pick up a job here, but times are changing now, there is much concerns over the EU crisis affecting the rest of the world economy. Also I really think it depends on the job/industry.  If you are thinking of coming here  it's much safer to secure a job beforehand unless you have some savings to see you through the start up period. In any case, hearing all the stuff about things at home really makes me glad I'm here. Good luck

Tnx a lot HoneyMon.Good luck for u and ur husband.Who knows,maybe one day i will meet u there and we will enjoy one good French or Greek bottle of wine..take care!!

Hey! I am living in Melbourne at the moment and would love to meet you and your kids! I'm 18 years old myself so if your older son needs someone to show him around the city or anything I'd be up for that! Otherwise if you need any baby sitting I am looking for work with French families to try and improve my French. :)