2 English girls looking to move to Buenos Aires to teach

Hey, guys,

Myself and a friend are looking to move out to teach english (we Are both currently completing TEFL courses) .

Does anyone have any experience with this or can offer any advice/info about what Its like for Brits living and working in Buenos Aires?

Lauren X

Hi and welcome on board Lauren.

Here is an article from the Argentina guide that might help you: Interested in Teaching English in Buenos Aires?

Wish you good luck
Armand

Hi Lauren, I've lived in Buenos Aires for about 5 years now and have met many TELF teachers along the way so I've got no doubt it'll work out for you.

You can even consider putting an ad in the local newspapers as a native english speaker...check out the way other people do it, you'll definitely get clients. I recommend meeting them in a public place like a bar or something for your classes.

BA is a cool city and there's always lots happening :)

Hello Lauren,
There are too many school looking for native english speakers, of course the salary will be in pesos, not in dollars :), but I am sure you will live very well and enjoy this country.

Soooo negative arge.

Lauren send me a message and I will chat in private rather than on the board, I have been doing tefl here for 7 months now.

laters, craig

Thanks guys :) x

Hi Lauren !  IŽm ROMAN i am Argentinian , actually i am studying in WALL STREET ENGLISH INSTITUTE in Belgrano neighborhood, if you want i can tell them about you.  As you know, this institute only hire native english teachers

Maybe you have luck !

Hola,

dont come in Jan or Feb.
most of the schools close for summer, nobody wants to do anything in the heat.

Im irish and been living and working in BA for a while now so if youve got any questions, just ask.

Hi Girls,

All this is a nice project but, did you ever think about yur type of visa to be able to work here?????

Visa doesn't matter. I teach privately and do some writing here as well with the 90 day tourist visa. There are lots of jobs out there, but the pay isn't much for new teachers and you will be traveling between jobs a lot. With time things will work out and you will build up jobs. As someone did mention it is a bit slow now though as it is holiday season.

Don't rule out something other than teaching though. There are a lot of things going on in BA as the economy is good and you just might find something else that you will enjoy doing. I'm dabbling in a few things that just came up out of opportunity. There are always lots of options:)

Hi Lauren!
Finally settled down here?
Drop me a line. I thing I may be able to help you.

Regards
Juan

i am here. you can contact me

I have never seen so many useless repleis to a thread . People should post facts not thier opinions.
Visa is no problem.
There is work available all year round , yes it is quieter in Jan/Feb
Money is crap compared to European standards yes but the equivalent of a middle class Argie wage .
Dont even think about putting an ad in a newspaper , no one will see it and you wil waste your time and money.
Just come , well you are prob here already and join an ex pat group ( a real one not a virtual one like this one ) and it will sort itself out .

Hia

I did some teaching there a few years ago, along with some other things.

You could have a good time. But as far as teaching goes you will not make enough to cover your costs. If you work for an agent it will involve a lot of unpaid travelling. Buenos Aires is now expensive, ten years ago was a better time to visit.

HI!I`M VALERIA FROM BUENOS AIRES ARGENTINA, AND I HAVE AN INSTITUTE WHERE STUDENTS LEARN ENGLISH.I'M INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH YOU.
I can give my facebook page so that we can get in touch by using that social network.
facebook.com/English4communication
Regards,
Valeria

Hi Valeria,

Welcome to Expat.com!

This is an old thread. If you are offering a vacancy, you should please post an advert in the jobs in Buenos Aires section.

Thank you.
Christine

Hi Lauren
I am Argentinian. I give in-company English clases in International companies and Spanish to foreigners. I can help you apply for a job in Buenos Aires.
Here is my email address, let me know when you are coming.
[email protected]

Alot of briton lives here an argentines always wanted to learn english ,i think you will get good pay.i lives here in mar del plata an i also have some kids to teach english.