Looking for lots of info and help.

I currently live in the United States and am looking to move to South America in the near future. I'm right around the age of 20.

Brazil was the first country that came to my mind when I had originally made the decision to find a new home.  Brazil has always been very interesting to me and I am really looking for as much information as I can get about living there and how to get the courage to move.
First off, I want to live in a rural area, or a town that is far off from a huge city. I want to live near a river so I have the option to fish and so those sort of things.  I also want to make a living doing something that I can be proud of (fishing, hunting, farming, owning a shop, markets, etc).

Where do you all suggest that has a cheap cost of living since I have literally no money saved up to do this?  I could wait a few years for this if I need to get the money up to even get a decent start in the country, but I just really want to live "off-the-map."

Thank you very much,
Ty.

Welcome to Expat.com Ty!

Do not hesitate to take a look at the different discussions of the forum.;)

Harmonie.:)

tylervsmith wrote:

I currently live in the United States and am looking to move to South America in the near future. I'm right around the age of 20.

Brazil was the first country that came to my mind when I had originally made the decision to find a new home.  Brazil has always been very interesting to me and I am really looking for as much information as I can get about living there and how to get the courage to move.
First off, I want to live in a rural area, or a town that is far off from a huge city. I want to live near a river so I have the option to fish and so those sort of things.  I also want to make a living doing something that I can be proud of (fishing, hunting, farming, owning a shop, markets, etc).

Where do you all suggest that has a cheap cost of living since I have literally no money saved up to do this?  I could wait a few years for this if I need to get the money up to even get a decent start in the country, but I just really want to live "off-the-map."

Thank you very much,
Ty.

Well In Brazil live cheap is live in where no have work, but if you want own a little business its ok to you, I hear about cheap rents in little cities of Bahia state, and this state is where have more partys (events, shows), about river, the house near river is the most cheap but usually coz this houses can be flooded in some months of the year. Maybe is good you live at least 1 km of the river. You can choice any little city, choice the city who have a river of you like...
A good little business for you is a internet cafe, you can rent computer and teach english, young people no see problems if you not have portuguese fluency.