Does kenya have a growing demand in cosmetic industry?

Hey everyone! I have been doing a market research on cosmetics in Kenya and even imported cosmetics from UK. I have this passion about beauty so i just felt like this is the field i fit into. According to my research, i came across so many sentenced saying "Kenya has a growing demand in the cosmetic industry. I haven't seen many people on this website who might be dealing with cosmetics, but i'd be glad if any of you could tell me a little more on this. Is this statement true? And if so how long will it take for demand to reach the peak? There's been a muted response so far but what keeps me motivated is the fact that in case the title statement is true, then in the next few years the cosmetic agents who've started by now, shall be very respected. Please do leave your comments on this and for further information on how i operate etc, feel free to approach me :) x

to be frank, the climate of kenya is awesome, but you know, everyone cannot afford to go for expensive cosmetics here. It depends on your charging, if your rates are high then you could only get some few customers every month. If your rates are reasonable, you could get lot more than you expect. This could be a good start for you now. So try to promote your talent and get some good name in beauty industry. Then you can rock in market. All the best.

Hi,
i am in the beauty industry en its true cosmetics in kenya are at a high demand clients are willing to pay any amount if you have gd quality products.wat products do u have?

Thanks suribhai for your response :)

Commilka i agree with you. Good quality means high price, so far i ave sold out alot and i think women in kenya do have the "cosmetic sense".
I get all my cosmetics from UK which include make up and skin care products. At the moment i have L'Oreal, Saffron, Wet n Wild, Constance caroll, La femme, Laval, Technic, Gallery, Bodygrapy (oxyplex), sally hensen, pink,  and the list goes on lol!

What response have you got so far from the beauty industry?

not bad at all good quality stuff sells very easily.i use opi and seven teen for polish which is well appreaciated.all the best

Hello Hina have you tried marketing through Social Sites and Twitter? this will help you in Achieving more Sales for your products

Hi, i have been looking for a place to buy cosmetics for caucasian skin. Where do you all buy/ sell your stuff? Thanks

Hi Hinna,
Ive been thinking of exporting Cosmetics from UK to Kenya (Mainly Mombasa), Have u got any advise for me? Im kind starting up, and i feel like with all the shipping cost my make up would end up being so expensive.  :S

hey hinna hw u doing? i wanted to know if u have organic cosmetics?  and the price range? how their demand is?

Hi hinna,

I also have the same project like you, can somebody help us in finding  how to importcosmetics to kenya and what the market saturatyion is ?

Thanks .

Hi jamie juny,

I suggest you to create a new topic on the Kenya forum, as the thread on which you posted on is from 2011. This might be helpful.

Thank you,

David.

hae iam intending to start a business , dealing with cosmetic products can someone enlighten about the growing demand