Basketball in Phnom Penh ?

Hi,

I arrived in Phnom Penh 3 weeks ago and I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could play basketball.
Either a club or a playground were people go playing. Or anyone interested in practicing with me.

Thanks a lot

Cheers,

Michael

I was told that we can play in the Olympic Stadium, but I've never been there.
Two places I have been to for basketball were Twun Fa School (might not spell right) and another school in my area.
I would love to play with you but my only available time would be on weekends. If you are going anywhere for basketball, just call me. My cell:

Hi,
Ok thanks for the inputs. I will check out the Olympic stadium.
I'll let you know when I go for playing.
My num is

Hi~
I've been C.C.C (Cambodian Country Club) and saw basketball court.
But there is kinda Membership Sports Club.
We should gather some crews also.
and I heard many School have but not sure when there open.
I wanna play basket ball also
I wanna hear good news also.
See you guys

I was out of PP for several days so I haven't investigated any further.
I will try to go to the Olympic stadium in the next days to see what's up there.
Keep you posted

hey dude, i often play at the Olympic stadium. You can just turn up there and ask to join in. The Khmer's are more than happy to have a westerner play with them!

Thanks mate !!!
I actually may go today !

Hi Guys
Let me know what day, what time about you guys play at olympic stadium.
Lets play together
See ya

Im going to go on sunday during the afternoon. Not sure what time but send me a msg on sunday and ill let u know.  seeeeeya!

There are good basketball courts here in Phnom Penh located at the following:
Northbridge International School - fiberglass, covered
ISPP - covered court
Cambodian Country Club - covered court
LOGOS International School
Chinese School - old court
Olympic Stadium - old court
OLD Stadium - old court
Don Bosco Technical School - open covered

Normally we play in these locations every weekend, saturday afternoons.

Moderated by Anas 5 years ago
Reason : For your own security,do not share your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

You can play at a church near BKK or stadium .And it'd be nice if any of u interested in teaching me how to play .I always like basketball, just couldn't find the right time and the right folks to start with.So yeah,

Any basketball court in the Chruy Chung Var area? Please don't recommend the Beeline, it is atrociously expensive. Just an open court to practice 30 my mid range shots in the morning. Thanks

The Phnom Penh Dragons are recruiting!
If you want to join the team and play the League, message me here or call me at 0666 99 076.
We practice once a week.
Cheers
Michael

Hi there!

It has been some years since i played last time, but used to play quite some street basket in Denmark, and i miss it!

Since i am not the tallest woman in the world (but i'm fast), would i like to ask, if you know about any female team i could join or just some other girls, who are up to playing a little now and then?

You are welcome to call or send me a message, in case you can give me a hint.

Thanks!

Do they have a league over there i am a coach and i also play basketball. Been coaching high school teams and private in thailand playing basketball for over 20 years and american football coaching junior teams in switzerland in both sports get at me searching for a new opportunity.

Hi Jon,

I am very interested in anyone of these places you reccommended for basketball.

I am after 2 or 3 courts to use for the day of the 9th of November from 7:30am to 1pm as we are hosting a few teams from Thailand and Vietnam for Netball. I know its not quite basketball but it comes close to it and the court is pretty much the same layout.

Can you please tell me if these places have more than 2 courts?

any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I can be contacted on xxx or email xxx

Hi Michael (or anyone else who could help)

Hope the Phnom Penh dragons are doing well.  I am travelling to Cambodia with my family in April and my two teenage boys are basketball mad and in the middle of their training for the upcoming season.  Could you please recommend any courts they could easily use or drop in games that they could play in? Thanks

Hey,
They can go every day to the Olympic stadium for pick up games. From 4:30pm (it's too hot before) till it gets night. It's half court 4 on 4, adult games.
Otherwise I run a Kids Academy with clinics every Tuesday form 5 to 7pm. It is indoor court and got all the modern equipments. That's $10 per session.
Cheers
Michael

hi! I'm arriving next week in phnom penh, and i'm looking for an opportunity to play basketball, I love pick up games, but I would like to participate in some training to.

bye

Hi Michael,

Are you still doing sessions for kids to learn B ball? What is the cost? I have a 13 year old son who may be interested once a week.

Cheers.
Greg

Hi,

Unfortunately it has stopped. Your best option is through international schools as they offer some after-school activities.

Best,
Michael

Hi Greg,

The best thing you can do is to drop by at the Olympic Stadium on a weekend morning or afternoon. Find the open basketball courts and ask around. Many expats play ball there.
I am a Filipino and we are hoops crazy. We started holding FIlipino basketball leagues in Phnom Penh in the early post UNCTAC years. There are many experienced Filipino hoops players there in PP, some have played in minor leagues and competitive college ball in the Philippines. Most notable is Chris Bolado, he is a 6 ft. 10 " ex basketball pro; he played for the PBA, the biggest basketball league in the Philippines (Ok just saying, he was not an important player in his heydays but I am sure he was trained professionally) .Before I left, I think he was conducting workshops for some schools. Just ask any Filipinos at the basketball courts at the Olympic stadium. I am sure they will lead you to him. From what I heard, he has a restaurant near Russian Market now. Any which way, he will be your link to other coaches or workshops in the Kingdom.
All the best buddy!.

I want to play basketball but don't know how to Play?

Read through the posts in this thread, it's full of information about where to play, how to get training, competitions and more. It's all there, go for it.

Cheers.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Are there only pickup games at Olympic Stadium on weekends? Anytime during the week, or somewhere else to play during the week?

Go there and talk to the people, they are the best informed.

Good luck.

Joe

I was told by a bunch of kids dribbling basketballs that as of a month ago, the public isn't allowed to play on any of the courts. Can anyone confirm this? I tried to find a game at 4 like I was told to, and there wasn't anyone on the courts. I was told on the Baksetball Phnom Penh Facebook page that I can find games at RUPP, but I'd rather not have to travel that far.

Rendroc.

You found a place where they play basketball, but you find it too far away?

Come on, if you want to play you take a PassApp rickshaw to the RUPP for 2 bucks and you play. Once you get in touch with players you might find more possibilities, but start playing first.

Cheers.

Joe

Is anyone looking for some bball buddies? If so, lmk and let's set up a time to go to RUPP or the Cambodia COuntry Club.

Are you still till looking for people to hoop with?