Close

Help! How to register Nikah in Saudi Arabia

Dear Imran

It was on page 1 but why to  :dumbom:
1- Go to the marriage court (It's in North of Riyadh behind Saudi Airlines office) and it's called 'Mehkama Tankeeh'.

imran11221 :

plz someone can help to find the mahkama tankeeh
or give me location plz plz plz

Salamalaikom,
          i really need your advice,We are converted muslim here in saudi arabia,,,last june  we dcided to go to phils to get married in islam ,because were both married in Christian need to fix legal matters there,til we got married in islam, I just want to ask,,about our marriage certificate(original) from phils,we both working in saudi arabia,different company,his in Riyadh and I'm  from khamis,his planning to visit me ,what is the requirements needed in our marriage contract from  Philippines,and what about my eqama?is it important to change my eqama under his name?I'm worried to check in ithe hotel....what is the requiments needed in checking in?
hoping for the immediate respond,thanks a lot...

sir my name is aman pakistani nationalty and currently in dubai with work permit so I have plan to get marry in riyadh saudi arabia with same nationalty she have iqama her father sponsorship in suadi arabia
so my question is can we register our nikha in riyadh if i go there on umrah visa or visit visa to saudi arabia is it possible ? plz help me to give information thank you

Assalam Ualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh....me and my fiancé are planning to get married here in Riyadh.we aren't from the same country..my concern was about the "wali".my father isn't here and i don't have any relatives here in tye kingdom..whom i should get to become my wali?is it still possible to marry??please do help me in shaa Allah...thank you and may Allah bless you for helping..

wa aleykoum salam, are u saudi marring a foreigner or u both foreigners ?

Hello everyone,

Just to inform you that some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread.

All the best,
Bhavna

Dear Legend,
I recently got married from Saudi Arabia, Dammam.
I wanted to ask you some doubts that i have.

If i want to transfer my wife's visa into mine, do i need any approval from my employer ?
if not, will i have to handle all the expenses (like iqama / insurance etc.) of my wife ?

Congrats! All the best wishes for future.

akill741 :

If i want to transfer my wife's visa into mine, do i need any approval from my employer ?

The recent procedure I know of as a friend did:

1- Visit Jawazat and ask for the section that would transfer your wife from her dad's iqama to yours.
2- Complete the documentation. (Your and her iqamas and passports, a form that you'll get from Jawazat.)
2- Request your father-in-law (her current sponsor) to come along.
3- He'll sign the above mentioned form in front of an official who'll stamp the form.
4- Submit the form and the Jawazat official will printthe new iqama.

The exact list of requirements can be sought from Jawazat.

akill741 :

if not, will i have to handle all the expenses (like iqama / insurance etc.) of my wife ?

I trust some companies are still following the old way. You have to give all docs (including a letter from your father-in-law on his company's letter-head stating no objection on the transfer). And the mouqab will do all. Please check with your HR.

About expenses, 2000 SAR must be on your wife's Iqama number at the time of transfer.
If your contract with your company is of married marital status, they must bear the cost.

Thanks for the info,
but i would also like to know, on the off chance that, my company does not give me family status.
Will i still be able to transfer her to my visa ?

thanks

akill741 :

Thanks for the info,
but i would also like to know, on the off chance that, my company does not give me family status.
Will i still be able to transfer her to my visa ?

thanks

Yes. You'll be able to transfer her iqama to your sponsorship.

What the company won't give is:
- family accommodation (3 basic salaries per year)
- medical insurance for your wife and kids
- vacation tickets for them

Thanks Legends...

may i please trouble you with one more doubt...
after receiving the marriage certificate , what all attestation do i have to get.
i've been told to get it attested by MoFA. is there any other attestation required ?

Thanks in advance.

akill741 :

Thanks Legends...

may i please trouble you with one more doubt...
after receiving the marriage certificate , what all attestation do i have to get.
i've been told to get it attested by MoFA. is there any other attestation required ?

Thanks in advance.

A stamp from a senior official is needed from the marriage court. You can ask the secretary of your Qazi what stamps (probably more than one) are needed.

The next and final stamp will be from MoFA. Make sure you pay the document attestation fee of 30SAR through their their website using SADAD first.

I am from malaysia and my bf from philipphines and both of us is muslim and we stay in jeddah , KSA now. we plan to get married sooner. What is the proses and whe do we need to go? I heard about Getting married in Dawah Centre. Can we do aour nikah there?

Moving to Riyadh

Find tips from professionals about moving to Riyadh

Travel insurance in Riyadh

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Riyadh

Flights to Riyadh

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Riyadh