Malls as Meeting Places?

I met an Egyptian woman last weekend who would like to introduce me to some of her own friends, many of whom are male. I had thought that Hayat Mall was an ideal place to meet up with cosex groups, and had actually planned on going there with some of my own friends, but I'm having second thoughts, now.

Are there any restaurants or malls that will keep quiet about meetings like this? I know that Kingdom and Faysalia have the religious enforcers wandering around, but what about malls like Hayat and Riyadh Gallery? I'd rather avoid compounds, so other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hi, How many almost attending, so can look for good place;

Usually, the restaurants are safer than the Malls.

But please try to avoid such arrangement for a few weeks. The general security is on high alert these days (for the reasons I'll avoid to type here); I noticed last week ladies constables 'interviewing' a group of families sitting together in the family section of Granada Mall food court.

I will definitely be postponing any cosex meetings. The security is mental.

@TLL, can I have some names, please? I am an idiot when it comes to which restaurants are loose :P I know Fursato's is off the list as they usually check folks, but as you said, there *are* places out there that will allow meetings. I'd appreciate the information :)

How much is food important? If it is, what cuisine?

It's not so much about the food as it is about the actual meeting :P I'm sure we could stomach down anything (you and your wonderful wife are welcome to join us :D )

There are few good Indian Cuisine restaurants at Olaya street as well.. they can be a nice place to meet up..

you can try the Chinese restaurant in front of tele-money (Ikaria mall)olaya street.

Have fun dear

Regards,
Nader

You know it's more about the timing rather than the actual location, meetings in weekdays & afternoons and you can walk into any restaurant , or mall with guys.

Nadimento is right though, places like 11A at Faisaliah (which is not expensive btw) & Quattro, Grill at Four Seasons are 100% safe. There is a coffee shop Broadway on King Fahad Rd, with is on the 13/14th Floor also a safe bet. Bowling center in Khozama & UBC are a good hangout for group, no once checks there.

hey love :D

try tony roma's :) its around the kingdom tower and its very nice

u know i think u could go anywhere u want 2 with who ever u want 2
with "i dont care" attitude haha! >>> troublemaker dont listen 2 me

totally agree with you Maya :P

ok... I think floor 77 in Malmkah is not a good place... 11A wont try that too even the owner are cool. if you are going in a group you can try any where, but for two fo you you can try four season mamlkah, ot go to Sahara compound shesha place... no one can get there and you can smoke shehsaa there too and drink whatever, but avoid sport days... and do not listen to Maya she is trouble maker :):):) just joking

Nadimento wrote:

Do it in 11A in Faisaliah. Its known for the spot where people take their dates, and the owners are cool. You walk in and they ask you if you have your girlfriend with you..lol

so you just blown the cover of that place!hahaha

rent istraha, i guess thats better. :)

rent istraha, i guess thats better. :)

Istirahas are ridiculously expensive, though!

[Moderated: Expat.com is not a dating Website!!!]

JUST to increase my general knowledge ... whats an istraha ??

@ deestrangled. You can go anywhere and do almost anything if you carry the "don't care attitude". This is what I have experienced in KSA.

Maya also seems to be experienced in these metters :) .

BAK wrote:

JUST to increase my general knowledge ... whats an istraha ??

@ deestrangled. You can go anywhere and do almost anything if you carry the "don't care attitude". This is what I have experienced in KSA.

Maya also seems to be experienced in these metters :) .

WHOA!
who said i was "experienced in these metters"
i just think the IDC attitude is good for everything in Saudi!

IDC attitude only works if you are a Saudi National. trust me!

@ Maya : My question is still un answered and my experience in no way pertains to finding a place to meet in KSA :P.

@ Ssuperman : I agree but there is a difference between an IDC attitude and being rude :) .

BAK wrote:

@ Ssuperman : I agree but there is a difference between an IDC attitude and being rude :) .

I may be wrong but I think he's saying that nothing too bad seems to happen to the Nationals because they may have 'wasta' and also know the language to get themselves out of jams.  For expats, there's not much recourse if we get in trouble.  We can be deported in a heartbeat and since most of us have a reason for being here, we can't take that chance.

Alliecat , you are taking this so much serious for careful about these things

i don't blame you while Riyadh as i heard lot of religion people in there.

but in east province, all these gathering and meeting is kind normal and no body care if it's cosex or not. it doesnt matter at all.

============================

BAK, Dear

Istraha it's an Arabic word , it means rent place that used for celebrations and such, it include usually 2 Halls Kitchen, sometimes swiming pool, small place for playing football and stuff

it rent for 1 person and he could gather his friends man & women

and it usually away from Residential areas,

normally cost 800 SR to 3500 SR per day ,,, depend on the season and how big the Istraha is.

Komsee wrote:

Alliecat , you are taking this so much serious for careful about these things

i don't blame you while Riyadh as i heard lot of religion people in there.

You seem to be confused.  I was talking about Ssuperman's comment about IDC attitude.

deestrangled wrote:

I met an Egyptian woman last weekend who would like to introduce me to some of her own friends, many of whom are male. I had thought that Hayat Mall was an ideal place to meet up with cosex groups, and had actually planned on going there with some of my own friends, but I'm having second thoughts, now.

Are there any restaurants or malls that will keep quiet about meetings like this? I know that Kingdom and Faysalia have the religious enforcers wandering around, but what about malls like Hayat and Riyadh Gallery? I'd rather avoid compounds, so other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hey,can you tell me why would you rather avoid compounds? because i think they're the safest places for meetings like that,so i dont understand why you're saying that or is there something i dont know about them.

Um ... You have all discussed places to go to the point of even naming them ... s'pose the wrong person reads these comments ... how safe do you now think these places will be??

:/:/:/:/:/

looool Louise, no worries

to be honest the religion strict guys are not focusing on that kind of meetings.

as long as it's not in general place.

feel free in Saudi Arabia bro , ,, Saudi Arabia is not that kind of place that you think.

but however ,, it's good to see people really take care of their selves here hehe.

trust me, just avoid the general places and you will be fine.

==============

Alliecat, sorry for misunderstood

Komsee wrote:

looool Louise, no worries

to be honest the religion strict guys are not focusing on that kind of meetings.

as long as it's not in general place.

feel free in Saudi Arabia bro , ,, Saudi Arabia is not that kind of place that you think.

but however ,, it's good to see people really take care of their selves here hehe.

trust me, just avoid the general places and you will be fine.

==============

Alliecat, sorry for misunderstood

99% of the time no doubt you would be fine but by making it public makes it more of a risk. It only takes one person to take offene or feel like they need to tell or just want to be an ass and If you think that there wont be issues even if it may be for one unlcky person that is there at the wrong time.

And I dont think it's much to "looool" about they focus on whatever is in front of them be it big or small. A friend was rounded up by a bunch of GMC's just the other night because they wanted to check him out and for no other reason - and if you are doing something dumb like that when you know it is not allowed then more fool you "bro" each to their own and everyone has their own opinions. It makes no difference to my life what anyone else does or where they go or even if you do tell the world where the best places to meet the opposite sex may be it's not like you cant write it on here, just that my opinion is that it is stupid to actually name places to go in such a public place as a blog. Like i said it takes one person to read it.

BRAVO, Louise. 

A pet peeve of mine here in the forum is people (usually Nationals) who are telling expats they can do whatever they want, they won't be caught.  This is b*llsh*t!

I know married couples who have been harrassed at food courts! 

And for the guy who said the waiter/owner/whoever at a restaurant is cool and asked about his 'girlfriend': there is NO reason for anybody to ask this.  I've heard (granted, it's one of those passed down stories) that waiters will make reference to a 'girlfriend,' and if they're not corrected, have been known to make phonecalls to turn these couples in.  They do this to accrue favors they can call in if they ever need help.  Makes sense.  Lots of 'weasles' around.  Don't be naive.

i dont know why you guys making a big deal about it .. I never had problems dating .. just always choose the right place and the right timing ..

any way .. i know some good places i always go to .. like Cafes restaurants. and like maya said .. the IDC attitude make things easier ..

@Komsee, tell me about Jubail and get it out of your system so we can continue discussing Riyadh.

Well, Just wanted to say good luck with that gathering, I wish I knew you already so we can have fun. Miss gatherings like that :(

An interesting discussion - what i notice some dont care about being caught and being deported. Then some do care. SO i would say each to his own opinion. if u are caught, u bare your own consequences. And if you are concerned about getting caught, and uncomfortable - staying away is better for you. I like to play it safe.
Although i am not one for hand me down stories, there is a valid lesson in that you have to be very cautious about who u r speaking to about this. the more ppl that know, the more chances of being caught.
and btw blogs are not the safest place to give out the names of these locations coz again u r giving out more information
i think istiraha means a place of rest (not rent) - but i stand to be corrected

best place for meeting and greeting i feel chandi copper Restaurant  Riyadh. :cool:
check this out
http://copperchandni.com/

imraan007 wrote:

Istiraha = Rest House.

With this definition: you can rent it (daily, monthly lease plans available usually), stay there, have a party etc etc...

tx legend

BAK wrote:

@ Maya : My question is still un answered and my experience in no way pertains to finding a place to meet in KSA :P.

I totally answered your question :)

imraan007 wrote:

An interesting discussion - what i notice some dont care about being caught and being deported. Then some do care. SO i would say each to his own opinion. if u are caught, u bare your own consequences. And if you are concerned about getting caught, and uncomfortable - staying away is better for you. I like to play it safe.
Although i am not one for hand me down stories, there is a valid lesson in that you have to be very cautious about who u r speaking to about this. the more ppl that know, the more chances of being caught.
and btw blogs are not the safest place to give out the names of these locations coz again u r giving out more information

you guys shouldnt get me wrong
now what i meant by the IDC attitude is not like that
i mean if your hanging around with your wife or lets say ur sister, would you be nervous and looking everywhere like ur looking to make sure everything is ok and stuff or would u just hangout like you dont care to get caought coz ur not doing anything wrong i mean ur just hanging out with ur family!!
its the same thing if ur going out with a friend umm if u gonna look cool like ur not doing anything against the law with the idc arritude then ur not gonna look suspicious :D

Maya Maya wrote:
imraan007 wrote:

you guys shouldnt get me wrong
now what i meant by the IDC attitude is not like that
i mean if your hanging around with your wife or lets say ur sister, would you be nervous and looking everywhere like ur looking to make sure everything is ok and stuff or would u just hangout like you dont care to get caought coz ur not doing anything wrong i mean ur just hanging out with ur family!!
its the same thing if ur going out with a friend umm if u gonna look cool like ur not doing anything against the law with the idc arritude then ur not gonna look suspicious :D

:one

its hard to look cool when u r trying to romance some1
u will look guilty as charged, lol