Going 2 Ha'il need some basic info please help.....

Hi I recently gt a job offer in almarai and I need to go to Ha'il and its my first time going 2 middle east and need some basic information from guys who already had KSA experience

1. How is the place Ha'il like?
2. I know there is not going 2 be much 2 do and i was thinking 2 improve my programming skills so can i carry software in my laptop.
3. How is the banking system like is it feasible i mean will there be any tax for sending money 2 u r home country.
4. what is the cost of eating out i mean mcdonalds nd stuff.
5. Finally can i watch normal movies online but normal youtube and some free movie websites in KSA.

plzzzzzzzzzz advice.......

Hello galiusman and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to take a look at the different discussions of the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.:)

your answers_

1. Hail is a bit away form the big three cities in Saudi arabia, but then it is a growing city with all the basics necessaries there
2. yup definitely carry your laptop, a camera too if you are a photography enthusiast. Hail does have some beautiful scenary
3.No taxes.. ;) the best thing about Saudi Arabia. But back in your home country, there might be some for remittances. That you will have to find out.
4. Mc Ds, the same price everywhere. :) Just covert it to Saudi riyal. 3.75 SAR to 1 USD
5. Not all the free sites might work. but then yes there are ways of getting all your movies and stuff.

Thank you very much Redgoblin...

I have just one more question and I know you can give me appropriate answer as u r from India I guess.....

My visa process is about to begin and my employer has asked for my documents the problem is all my educational documents are authentic, but there is a catch, one of my previous employment title is not relevant to the work I am going to do in KSA. I heard all our previous employments should be related to work I am going to do otherwise visa will not be given is it true????

One more thing my previous employers are in New Zealand and I am not sure if my employers still remember me as i did a contract job for them in various companies for 2 years so is that a matter of concern * I have all the contracts and experience letter from my previous employers and also mentioned my references in the CV.

I am sure that my employers has previous checked my credentials before offering me the employment but please advice how the visa process will be going i mean

1. Will the KSA embassy will call the previous employers.
2. Will the company in KSA contact the companies i worked previously.

Sorry for the long message but please advice......

Not a problem at all..
The consulate will check your educational certificates and that's that. From what I know, they do not do a background check for the visa formalities.
If you have reached the stage for the visa to be issued, then your employers must have checked out your references already. Yeah one thing that you will have to keep in mind. check what visa you will be getting against the job you will be actually doing. If they are different, there can be issues later on.

Cheers!

The contract they said was "they are applying for an residency visa" and the company is very big dairy company in KSA.

thanks again red goblin for your advice.

RedGoblin wrote:

Yeah one thing that you will have to keep in mind. check what visa you will be getting against the job you will be actually doing. If they are different, there can be issues later on.
Cheers!

This is a very very important concern @galiusman that mate @RedGlobin has pointed out. Plz don't under-estimate it. Do check what profession they have issued in the visa. You need to have a good profession to avoid many big problems in future in KSA.

Thank you very much for the reply

I am going as a technician in Quality Assurance and my grade is E3 I am not sure about what that means but as per the sources i enquired it means a mid level employment and I am going to join Almarai and I heard it is a very good company.

In my contract it was clearly mentioned that company will b handling the resident visa for me and will be handling all the charges.

So these are the details so please tell me if the profession is a good one, the title of my profession is Quality Technician.

I previously worked in that same profile but my title was different but the work is the same, will this create a problem.

I would hesitate to live in a city whose name sounds uncomfortably like "hell."  haha.  Good luck to you.

Hey dave geographically its in middle of KSA so it might b hot as hell hahaha

Al Marai is the leading dairy producer in KSA and exports to all GCC countries. A large part of the company is owned by Savola which, in turn, is owned by Prince Walid bin Talal of Kingdom Holdings. Its a very good company to work for. Hail is a good place to live in too.

Thank you musicman for the information.

Can anyone tell me what useful items can i carry from India which we normally don't find in KSA and are essential. I am single and most probably will be staying in bachelors room which will b provided by the company.

Plzzzz advice.

In my view, nothing. You get everything you want here.