Binh Chau hot springs

I am going to Vung Tau for a few days and would like to visit Binh Chau hot springs.  I have looked at many sites to see what transport there is but can only find  tours to Binh Chau from HCMC,
I am sure there is someone who will be able to tell me, what transport is available from Vung Tau?   Jack

Hi Jack,

Again, if you don't know anyone in Vung Tau, go to the receptionist of the hotel where you will be staying at and ask him/her to help you find a car that would take you to Binh Chau and back.  It will be substantially less than hiring a taxi, which is also readily available.  Either way, keep in mind that a sedan costs less than one of the SUVs or vans. 

Also, if you are of the type that likes to walk on the wild side every now and then, you might want to rent a motorbike and ride it to Binh Chau and back.  It will be much much more exhilarating than traveling by car.

Have fun.
Howie

Thanks Howie, you have given me plenty of options, once again
As for hiring a Moto, with my eyesight I would be a danger to one and all.  Last time I personally drove a motorbike was about 50 or more years ago. Would love to able to do it once again but sadly not an option.   
Have just had to stop driving a car in the U.K because of eyesight problems.  Jack

Hello Jack,

If that is the case, then your best bet is to get a car from the receptionist where you will be staying at.

However, there is also another alternative, a "Xe Om."  It is a motorbike with a rider.  It is a much cheaper mode of transportation and a lot more fun.  But, again, you must get the receptionist to flag you one.  Don't just go out there on your own; for, Vung Tau is a pretty well-known tourist destination.  The people there have very funny ways of calculating prices.  Be careful while you are there; and be kind to the receptionist, he/she can provide you with a lot of assistance.  Enjoy.

Howie

Hi Howie.  Thanks for all the advice.  As I am taking a friend a motorcycle would not be useful but I do take you point about asking from the receptionist about transport.   Jack

UPDATE

Having had a chat with the receptionist at my hotel about the many options open to me,    taxi, private hire, Honda om.  I decided to take the bus.  It was a two hour journey requiring a change ,  But no hanging around waiting for connections, I was almost thrown off one bus and on to another,( in the nicest sort of way). The experience made it all worth while and I would recommend bus travel, if you have the time, as a means of seeing the country of Vietnam and the ways of the people.  To see a young couple and the bus driver loading a double mattress on to the bus without any discernable complaining was interesting enough but this coupled with all the other strange bundles humped on board, was a real eye opener. 
   Another advantage, the speed of the bus was sufficient to allow a good viewing of the countryside, rather than a fleeting glimpse from a speeding car.
  Finally, it was so cheap as to be unbelieveable, certainly a minor fraction of the cost of using a taxi.
At all stages of the journey the help given by fellow passengers and driver was unending and given with the usual Vietnamese friendliness.
  If you haven't guessed already, I enjoyed it and would do it again.   

Question.   How many people does it take to load a mattress on to a bus?    Answer.  About 15 people.  3 actually doing the work and the rest giving advice,  Wonderful.   Jack

Hello Jack,

You are a much better man than me, in taking the Vietnamese bus.  I have always thought that it would be fun, but I have never been able to muster enough courage to try one. 

But, you have really gotten to watch your valuables and strap yourself in good everytime you are on there.  Those drivers are some of Vietnam's craziest.

Howie