Trying to move to UK

Hello Expat persons :)

I`m new at this forum, sorry about my terrible english..

1) I would like to know, what is the easyest way to find a job in UK ?
2) What should i know before starting to work in UK ?
3) Where should i live in UK ? Not far from the Center, but no too close to it ..
4) You`r experience ? , Links ..

Regards :)

Hi,

you should read: find a job in England

Have you contacted the british embassy in Latvia in order to find out more about work permits and visas?

Where to live? It depends on your choice ...

Our experience? You should read these Expat.coms

Hope this helps,

Julien

Currently i`v talked with some friends in uk, every one says that i dont need visas and allows to work there..
They told me , when i start to work there, than my employer should add me to some global emoloyee list ? :/

EdgarsA wrote:

Currently i`v talked with some friends in uk, every one says that i dont need visas and allows to work there..
They told me , when i start to work there, than my employer should add me to some global emoloyee list ? :/

Great news, things will be much easier.

I suppose you're talking about the NIN national insurance number, yes you'll have to register

Horray :) and how can i do that?
I spuse that i have to talk with my friends to help me get it ?
& yes, talkin about NIN

Give a ring to the embassy anyway, it doesn't cost much and it might help a lot ...

You'll apply for a NIN when you'll be in the UK with your first job

ok, gonna call them.
I accidentally heard that job search in UK is easy`r online, is it true ? or better search for some employers in offices ?

Btw, i`m searchin for a vacancy "PHP Programmer", maybe your expat-blog needs some programming upgrades ? :) some new features?

I`m programmin` in php,html,css,js,ajax,sql,vb

Yep I need help on Expat.com but I am pretty far from Europe :D

I used to live in London but I am now in Mauritius, a small island in the indian ocean.

heh :) i`v bin reading your profile :)
Amm.. but there`s allways the Skype, and there`s always a remote type programming :) so you can just say what you need, share with the code..
If you`r intrested, than my skype name is: "mikijs.dzo"
and my email.. :) should showup in my profile..

EdgarsA, did you get all the information you needed to come to the United Kingdom?

Stooly wrote:

EdgarsA, did you get all the information you needed to come to the United Kingdom?

Nop, currently searching for some job in UK, maybe someone could help me ? :) I am PHP Web programmer.

I went to the British Embassy, they told me that i have to go to uk and then search for the office where i can register the nin :/ .. kinda stupid..

It's not stupid;  it's to minimize people who immigrate illegally and then claim benefits.  They have you come to the office so that they can verify your visa and other identification, so they are positive that you are who you say you are and that you have a legal right to work in britain.

I would be very surprised if you could come here and work without first obtaining a visa.  You would be wise to call the embassy again and verify that, rather than listening to your friends.  If you get caught working here (or just living here) without the right kind of visa, you will get deported and not allowed back in.

By the way, there is some information about the NI Number here:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/lif … nefits.htm