Relocating to Cuenca area on a $800 budget.

Hi all, I am planning an early retirement (43) to Ecuador in possibly the Cuenca area in the next year.  I have $30000 cash to spend on an apartment or house.  Is it realistic to expect to find a home for this price?  My Veterans Administration Disability provides me $800 a month after expenses in the USA.

Yes, you can!!!!

I donŽt know if youŽre looking for a house or apartment, two bedroons or more. But for like $300 a month you can get a decent apartment or house with two or three bedrooms.
If you need a bigger place, or in a modern condo expect to pay more.

If you need more info just post !!

Vinny66

Thanks, sounds encouraging.

A verifiable pension of minimum $800 is required to acquire a pensioners visa. However, you would also be able to qualify by making the investment of $25,000 in the real estate such as an apartment or condo. There are some different procedures you would want to investigate to be more knowledgeable on this.

However, as to your initial question, as long as your VA Pension is $800 or more, you could qualify with that alone. That information is current as of June, 2011.

Thanks for the info.  I think I will be renting until I find the bargain that I hope to find in a home.