Boat Moorage

Are there areas in Montenegro to moor a 40 - 50 foot live-on motor boat?  Where would these be located and what is an average moorage cost?

There are several Marinas (incl. Porto Montenegro in Tivat, The Budva Marina, Bar Marina...).
If you need a company to take care of the gardiennage of your yacht in Tivat you can contact Avel Yachting for example which will also be able to give you information on the pricing in the Marina.
Cheers!

bluedog wrote:

Are there areas in Montenegro to moor a 40 - 50 foot live-on motor boat?  Where would these be located and what is an average moorage cost?

I think the best service for boat more than 30' is Porto Montenegro. But for a long time there is not so clear, so you need to talk to Porto before you came here.

Never try to moor your boat in marina Zelenika! :)

You may also stay ancored in Traste bay, Bigova village, almost for free and get agree with locals to watch and guard your boat..

There are some boats anchored off near the Porto Montengro Yacht Club, but I also understand that in winter it can its still possible but can get a bit rough.  Maybe a combination of anchoring off suring summer and berthing in winter, Bar might be cheaper and I understand calmer......

If you leave a message here, I can get you some contact info.

Can you anchor all year round in Trast Bay?

karelia wrote:

Traste. Yes, I guess,  if you want to.

karelia wrote:

I am not sure about this, the bay is much more open then Boka bay, so waves can be very high. If you come there at winter you can see by yourself. I think they are all lifting boats when it is needed. Except Boka bay to anchor boat all year round you need marina.....

followup to this post... the OP was inquiring about full-time live-aboard (legal) locations (year around), that may only indicate actual dockage with services (not anchoring out), ( have the same question... non-tourist non-big boat usually shallow harbor/river locations... are there any?