Organize your move to Namibia

Hi all,

we invite you to share your experience about moving to Namibia.

Here is a list of questions which might help the ones preparing their move to Namibia:

What would you bring and what would you leave behind?

Is it a good idea to bring furniture or domestic appliances?

Any foodstuffs that are banned in Namibia?

Is it better to bring a car or to buy one once settled in Namibia?

Any advice for the ones who are moving to Namibia?

Thank you in advance for your participation :)

When i came down to Namibia all i brought was my clothes, laptop, money and passport. Don't bring a bunch of stuff so you can make your life easier.
Don't try to bring any appliances or furniture you can sell them back in your country and buy here the same as a car. But if you wanna bring them anyways keep in mind that the transportation will be expensive and make sure you have proof of purchase of all of them.
Exception: laptops,cellphones, bycicles, and electronic stuff are pricey here so you might wanna buy them in your country.
Some kind of food it's not allowed even though the airport control is not as tense as that of Uk Australia or Usa.
Windhoek ( the capital) doesn't have much of sightseeing visit swakopmund, walvisbay and Etosha. P.s. All cities are calm and quiet.
And all of the above also applies if you are going out of the country.

Do not come to this country, if you are not a South African. This country is from the day before yesterday. Maybe you are in luck and will saty in Windhoek. Maybe, you will find some "friends" there. But the rest of this desert, forget it. You will be disappointed by lyers and suckers. They tell you the paradise and nothing will come true, if they don't get their profit out of you. Social life and healthcare are on the level of 1875 (European Standart)and you will definately fiend not real friend here. Come for holidays - that's ok, but leave. Do not work here longer than 6 month. It's the hell for your family as well. Bure are something, but not civilized enough for the western standart. I hope, we can leave this country as soon as possible. And believe me - I am not the only one.

Hi thisislife,

Thank you for the sharing of information just that it would be nice to  share some positive points as well.. please :)

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Yes I think you must leave Namibia, because you are bitter for someone or something and now it is the country Namibia that is the problem. SORRY, but YOU are the problem my friend ! Misfits don't fit in anywhere, so my advice to you is pack your bags and hop on a plane back to ROTTENFONTEIN, because that is where you belong !

Namibia is a lovely country with lovely people where there is a place for everybody in the sun! We love our Namibia and will always be proud and to live here - in peace and harmony.