Hiya! New to Beijing!

hello! I'm box-fresh to beijing, and I'm a little overwhelmed! Anyone close to Fangshan area?

Hello chatters13 and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Beijing forum for better visibility.

Harmonie.:)

thanks!

Chatters13 hi

'fraid not. I'm on the outer edges of Chaoyang District.

However, if you want to meet people you are more than welcome to join the networking events that I organise nearly every Tuesday. They are mainly held in the CBD places such as the Hilton Wangfujing, JW Marriott and St. Regis

Fangshan ,its far to most cool place, but i think if you live close to subway. not bad. what are u doing in Beijing? why you live in FangShan?

I am near the National Stadium, Ya Yun Cun. 

Are you coming to Beijing to work?  What is your profession ?  I am in Financial Consultancy and
Trading Business.  Shall network with you when you are ready.

regards,
Edward Huang

@ Manlin- thank you! I shall try make it to one soon! :) Once I have the public transport system worked out.

@louchao- I'm here to try imporove my basic grasp of Mandarin, and gain more childcare experience. :) I'm in fangshan because thats where the family I'm living with are.

@ J Edward- I'm here to study mostly! It must be great to see such an achievement in architecture every time you look out the window- then again, a lot of Beijing is being "renovated" so I guess that could be said of most places now! I hope they keep some of the more traditional buildings. It'd be sad to see so much heritage disappear under generic skyscraper buildings that look like they could be in any old capital city.

Hi chatters
I also think Fangshan is too from from the expats area such as ChaoYang.
Anyway, Fangshan is close to the mountain, I go to there to camping sometimes, the people over there are more honest than the people in the downtown.
I hope you will enjoy your life in Beijing soon.