How offensive is the musical "The King and I" to Thai citizens?

Hi,
I'm a graphic artist from the USA who plans to travel in Thailand, and I am making my own journal. I want to contest popular American stereotypes of Siamese/Thai culture on my cover design. I plan to design a satirical record sleeve for the popular 80s song "One Night in Bangkok." I had also intended to include a poster from the popular theater musical, "The King and I," but I believe it was banned in Thailand and I don't want to get into any trouble with the Thai government or offend any citizens. Can you tell me how recognizable that theater poster would be to the average Thai citizen? (Here is a link to the image I plan to use: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3473/323 … 4dc638.jpg) In your opinion, would it get me in trouble to have that as an image (among many, probably hidden a bit by other pictures, collage-style) on the cover of my journal?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Sincerely,
Jessica

PS If anyone else thinks of other Western stereotypes, let me know! Thanks.

Jessicarose;
I have lived here 3 years. Don't even think about it. Anything about the King from a out sider is strictly forbidden. I have read of a few who di and got prison time. Not even a little. You would be better to contact the thai embassy near you in the states or the Thai visitor bureau . DONOT take anyadvice from anyone here, or any one who has been here, or any one who says the have been here 50m years.This is a very sensitive subject and they are very protective of their King, and the monarchy as a whole.Saying all that if you are not one to take advice.Then you do what you think you should do.Also try to contact the Bangkok US embassy. Also, I am an retired 62 year old American I have had many discussion with many Americans and never heard anything that would be considered bad or in poor taste regarding these people.If you want to right a good piece write it about the european impression of these wonderful people. take care

my wife does not know anything about the movie our show :/
but if you ask her about somtam our sticky rice she.s a expert
maybe the Bangkok crowd care but as always the media hype up these things as specially in the light of the current crackdown on the internet in Thailand
regards john

Pretty simple, if you are in Thailand, do not say anything about the King. Because this anything could be considered offensive by Thai standards.

If you are planning on coming to thailand, do nothave any images of "The King and I", or any written remarks about anything related to the royal family even in  your journal or even carry any files related to the royal family. The internet is monitored to some extent, and is possible to get caught. If you do get caught you will go to jail and be charged with Les Majeste, yes it is a serious offense. There have been a couple of journalist and writers arrested in Thaialnd.