Bringing a car to Czech republic

Hi,

I am going to bring my car over to Czech Republic when I move and i believe i will need to register it as well as getting an insurance locally.
Has anyone done it before and/or has information about the way to do it.
Can anyone recommend a good car insurance?

thanks in advance for your help.
Cecile

hi i have just arrived in czech 8 weeks ago. my wife and i bought both cars with us. before i can register them i have to getr a temporary residence visa to prove where i am living then take the paperwork to an office in the police station to get it registered. will be doing this next week. if its anyhelp keep in touch and will let you know how i get on. pete

Yes that would be great thank you!
do you know if you need a temporary visa when being a europeen resident? how do you get a temporary residence visa ?

let me know how you go! Cheers.

i get the feeling you are in belium. if so iam from england and being part of the eu means we dont need a visa. the only reason i am getting a temporary place of residence is so that i can register the cars here. my father in law helped me do it we went t an office in budjovice. will find out which one it took 25 days to get it will ,let you know how i get on next week keep in touch pete

Hiya,

I am moving to Plzen Czech Republic from Hertfordshire/England. Just wanted to know if it's best to bring my own car and get it registered in Czech Republic or buy a 2nd hand there? And what is the registration and process?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Hi there,

Moved here 4 years ago and brought my cars with me.

You need the rodni cislo, which is the identification number of your resident card in Czech Republic. Once you get that, bring your car to SPZ and they'll do the rest for you. :-)

Cheers

I am thinking of moving in CZ and bring my own car which is right hand steering, did you bring your own right hand steering cars? and what is the procedure of registering your car here?
Can you tell me at which government or regional department I should apply in order to register my car here?

Does anybody have any more information about this? I have a right-hand drive car and I was thinking of taking it to Czech. How long does it take to register it and does the car need many changes done to it to make it road legal in Czech?

Hello Scuba10 and welcome to Expat.com

Just for info you are on quite an old thread, if however you do not get any response here, I invite you to create a new thread for more visibility and response.

Regards

Kenjee