Traveling to the Philippines for two weeks

I live in Vietnam, and my wife and I are visiting the Philippines with a couple of friends from mid-to-late January.  We'll be there for about 15 full days, and we're looking for some "can't miss" type of things to see and places to go.

We don't want to overload ourselves with too much, but we want to see as much of the country and as diverse of areas as possible.  Also, we fly in and out of Manila, so we'll probably either start with a day or two there, or end with a day or two there.

So, my question is, if you were only spending 15 days in the Philippines, where would you definitely check out?

Thanks so much for the help!  Hopefully I can help you all someday if you make it over to Vietnam!

Hi Joeysmith
I must put in a plug for Bicol and Mt Mayon
this is a perfectly shaped active Volcanio near Legaspi
u could fly to Legaspi from Manila (Cebu Air is Cheapest)
for just a day trip or come to Naga City for a few days and have a good look at all it beautiful Cathederals then take a bus to Mayon
Pete

joeysmith wrote:

I live in Vietnam, and my wife and I are visiting the Philippines with a couple of friends from mid-to-late January.  We'll be there for about 15 full days, and we're looking for some "can't miss" type of things to see and places to go.

We don't want to overload ourselves with too much, but we want to see as much of the country and as diverse of areas as possible.  Also, we fly in and out of Manila, so we'll probably either start with a day or two there, or end with a day or two there.

So, my question is, if you were only spending 15 days in the Philippines, where would you definitely check out?

Thanks so much for the help!  Hopefully I can help you all someday if you make it over to Vietnam!

Hi Joey!

if you will spend 15 days here in our country, you must include the beautiful places like Davao City, Dumaguete City (Negros Oriental), Tagbilaran City (Bohol) and the wonderful nature scenarist at Palawan... enjoy your trip!

Thank you both for the suggestions!  We will definitely look at all the options and see what we can fit in.

joeysmith wrote:

Thank you both for the suggestions!  We will definitely look at all the options and see what we can fit in.

enjoy our country!!! and WELCOME in advance!!!

Hi Joey,

you can check out this great places

• Palawan
• Ilocos (Vigan and Pagudpud)
• Batanes
• Sorsogon ( white shark )
• Albay (Mayon Volcano)
• Hundred Islands
• Camarines Sur ( Wake boarding)

Enjoy!!

I guess you need to summarize what kind of adventure you'd want to have while staying in the Philippines because the country boasta a huge number of activities to do and places to see. You probably should start doing that first.

You can start with... would you rather explore the City or explore the wonders of nature?

I live in Davao. In February 2012, I project with a friend, to visit North Vietnam for 15 days.
We can exchange information, pictures, if you want.
Do you have an email address?
Regarding your trip, depending on your interests tourist.
Cultural, Relaxing, beach, diving, treck, sport, mountain, country (rice fields, farms), nature, animals, ethnic discoveries (little), isolated places or people, etc..
And the price are you going to put! In hotels and restaurants, prices may vary from 1 to 10 according to the categories.
Similarly, if you want "outside the box" or get out a bit!
The Philippines is more than 7000 islands. So a lot of travel if you want to see or do many things!
Except on Mindanao (where I am) but is little known.
If you want to do the same thing (or so) than the others, look on voyageforum.com - Southeast Asia - Philippines
I myself made ​​major destinations "must-say" in three months, during my first trip in 2009.
Since I chose to settle permanently in Davao

cordially
Denis of Davao

joeysmith wrote:

whats vietnam like to live in as im thinkin on leavin phillipines