Moving to Scotland

Hi everybody! We're a Romanian family moving to Scotland, Aberdeen. I really don't know anything about living there and I'm quite warried about how we will be able to manage everything.

My husband is leaving alone next month and will begin working there (engineering), the next summer me and my son will follow but meanwhile I will have to travel between the two countries in order to rent a house and do all the arrangements, while I will still keep for the moment my job here (I work in a bank).

Please help me with some answers, I really need help and information!

1. what level in school should attend my 9 1/2 years old son? i have checked the site of Public Education but .....

2. what area of the city do you think would be suitable for us? we would really like a 2 bedrooms house (I mean we don't wanna live in a flat, I want to have a courtyard and flowers!)

3. is it better to rent a furnished house or to furnish it ourselves?

4. are people there treating eastern-europeans differently? I mean, we are legally coming there, we are educated people etc.; hope you understand what I mean - we would love to be given a chance to be a part of the community

Hope I will receive some ideas, I'm very happy I've fount this site!

Irene

Welcome Irene!