Whats a good salary for a management consultant?

Hi

I am a MBA grad from one of the best institutes and have 16yrs of experience, including the last few with a tier 1 management consulting firm (McKinsey, Bain, ATK,...).

I have been approached by a consultant for a sr position (Sr Associate Director) with one of the Big 4 based out of Saudi. I dont know what is the appropriate salary for this position and what additional perks go with this type of job (housing, education, car, driver,...).

Would appreciate any help on this front.

Regards

i googled my way into the forum then pretty much just created this account to reply to your post...

when it comes to reimbursement for such senior positions in Saudi... most of it is centered around the bonus received not the basic salary... i'm assuming that your position leads directly to a Partner position...

having worked for a big 4 firm in riyadh... i know the following:

housing allowance: > SAR140k/yr
transportation allowance: >SAR60k/yr
furniture allowance: >SAR30k up front (amortized over 3 yrs)
round-trip tickets, etc...
basic salary is really irrelevant... it's any where from SAR40k-65k/month but your focus should always be on the bonus..

hope this helps...

anything above SR 840,000 per annum will be reasonable for working here in a capcity similar to yours

Great info, thank you thank you.  I've been considering a similar position, and had yet to find a good comparison for the consultant salary and bonus, which I'm paying attention to now because of @saudiconsultant -- now I have some solid info I can use to make my decision!  Thanks again