Where do I buy Computer Parts?

Hey guys,

I'm from Canada and used to buying computer stuff from Newegg.com or NCIX.com.  I can't seem to find anything similar here.

I'm looking for a llano laptop/netbook or current computer parts so that I can build my own. 

My biggest regret thus far has been not bringing my own computer here cause the ones here are terrible.  I can barely use the one I'm on right now without lag, and errors I can't decipher because it's all in chinese.  lol, this is my mistake so I shouldn't be blaming anyone else but me.

Thanks!
Derek

U could buy most of computer parts in Gangding i guess, its a place that has lots of stores selling computers n computer parts exclusively. Can take subway to reach there, hope it will help.;)
Nice meeting u.

hey JJ,

thanks for the quick reply and suggestion.  I'm not sure exactly where in Gangding you're speaking of.  Is it an open market and I'll easily find it or do you have an intersection I can work with?

Derek

Nevermind my noobness JJ, I just figured it out!  :)

I also think that you can buy computers and computer parts around Gangding Metro Station of Guangzhou Metro Line 3. I think Bainaohui Computer Centre, Taipingyang (Pacific by transliteration) Computer Centre and Yigao Computer Centre are around Exit C of the metro station.

I bought my lap-top computer in Hong Kong in 2004-2005. Amazingly, it is still working. It runs quite slowly now, though. Perhaps you can check out the computers there if you look for good quality computers and have the time for the trip.

If you can read Chinese, here is a link (kesum.com/sydl/cssy/gz/200702/35014).

Thanks Chym77,

I'm making a trip down to gangding as well as the canton fair.

Should be able to find something!

D

Hey i live not too far from Gangding if you want i can show you around.

there are tons of used / parts markets that are down a side street aswell with 10000s of laptops and parts.

also if you walk south from Martyr Park train station there is a huge used phone / computer and general market down there.

generally if you want brand new stuff then get it at the main Gangding malls but it wont be very cheap.

computer parts are more costly down here; i usually bring all my stuff from usa or bring anything extra; same with phones. dont buy a phone in China.

best thing to do is buy a phone online in HK and pick it up. anything in store HK will still be better then China but more then online.

also its a good idea to test anything you can since ... there is no returns on anything and it can be easy to buy something used and sold as new if you dont know what you are doing.