Cleaners

OK, this may seem a bit silly, but what are the best cleaning products available in Ireland. Everything I have tried seems to either streak or leave a greasy residue, or both. So many of the cleaners need rinsing. I want something that I can spray, wipe and have the surfaces look and feel clean.Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alanna

Hi Alanna!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

ferry liquid

AlannaD wrote:

OK, this may seem a bit silly, but what are the best cleaning products available in Ireland. Everything I have tried seems to either streak or leave a greasy residue, or both. So many of the cleaners need rinsing. I want something that I can spray, wipe and have the surfaces look and feel clean.Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alanna

Dear Friend,
I do not live in Ireland yet, but from mu long experience in cleaning i find that Fairy Liquid with warm water will help u clean all the graesy stuff...give it a try

Hey Alanna,

Depends where you live in Dublin really.
My local cleaners in Rathmines is pretty good - they also offer a student discount :)
A friend of mine also works at a cleaners out in Blanchardstown, but I've no first hand experience with them.

The one in Rathmines though (if you leave nearby) is good. I'd be happy to forward their exact address if you're interested (Lower Rathmines Road but can't remember the exact shop number now).

Thanks,
Mark

I used these orange-scented wipes- I can't remember the brand, but I think they might have been Clorox. They worked on everything, mirrors, counter tops, etc.

We purchased a Karcher steamer from Argos.  It uses only water and it sanitizes surfaces with steam.  There are no detergents involved.  We use it on the floor and the countertops.  When the steam evaporates your floor and table surfaces are shiny and germ-free.  The only thing you need to do is pop the floor-cloth and the hand-tool-cloth into the washing machine after use.  Those get kinda dirty in the process of getting your kitchen clean.

"Flash with febreze" spray is a miracle worker :) also, try Marks & Spencer products they are top quality.