Moving to Mauritius

Hiya everyone,

I am Nigerian moving to Mauritius (got a new job). Been reading all the replies they have been very useful. But was wondering about something - is their anything essential i should buy before coming like business suits, shoes etc nobody seems to have said anything complimentary about the cost of living.

Another thing is, I will be working in Ebene City-where would be the best place to look for a house to at least avoid traffic.
BR

Lou

hi, u may have a look at the ads sections, look for houses in quatres bornes, its near ebene,

hope u find one

cheers
I

Hi Iowee

That's great to see that more and more Nigerians are coming to work in our small island. I had a warm welcome and a nice stay in Abuja and Lagos in May this year when I headed a team for a Human Resource consultancy assignment for the Court of Justice of the ECOWAS.

I would be pleased to show that Mauritians are as supportive as Nigerians if not even more!

By the way, there is a nice house in Beau-Bassin at five minutes drive from Ebène, and could check whether it is still available if you so wish.

Cheers

Vayid

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all you support. Well i have finally made it here currently at the link hotel trying to settle in. mauritius really is a lovely place. I'll let guys know how it goes.
was wondering is 73,906.69 MAR enough to get by on for a family of two.

Welcome to Mauritius

For sure this amount is enough to lead a comfortable life. Still no dom perignon every two nights.

Hope that you enrich your network soon.

Cheers

Vayid

hiya lowee, so how u find mauritius???any problem to cope with life style here?