Hair is a mess

Before I left UK I was warned that the water in Doha would make my hair a mess. I couldn't believe why that would be, but now I know it is a fact...actually my hair has started to fall out since I arrived here beginning of September. Some people have told me it is the water, and if that is so I'd like to know what I can do about it. Right now my hair is falling out and what I have left is a matted rug! Help!!

I have been here about 6 months and am having the same problem with my hair. I was searching on Qatar living and found a thread that was talking about it. They suggested baby shampoo and a few conditioners (the names escape me now) along with a weekly oil treatment. There was some discussion about a filter for the shower (will check that out a Careffour or Lulu later this weekend). Hope that helps!

I found out the answer a year or so ago. It is Permea Plus Anti-Sal shampoo, specially made to combat all those probhlem you mention. I had just the same issue but now I don't. You can get this shampoo at any pharmacy...and if they do not have it, they will get it for you same day...hope this helps:)

Hmmm this is interesting. I'll look for the shampoo you suggested. Hope it's good! Is it for men and women?

Yes it is :D

iashab thanx for the sugession.....
when i got that trouble i also changed the shampoo and conditioner and i found sunsilk has got some good change in there latest fusion with hair experts and there hait fall solutions are really working  just have a try but final decision is yours,,

i've been taking care of my hair for the last 15 yrs to reduce falling out . Do 2 things which work out. First thing and the most important one is massage your head with your fingertips all over your scalp for about 3-5 min in the morning when you wake up. this is to circulate the blood into your hair roots and stop it from falling out. Second , I use Vitamin B ampules (German Made) massage it after shampooing, twice a week . I buy them from Nazih trading , it's in Salwa Road next to Jarir Bookstore.
Also don't 4get to eat lots of fruits.