Living in Lille which area

Hi all, I am about to move to Lille with my new job and have been advised by my new employer that the south of Lille would be ideal as i will have a 30 min. drive to the companies location.

Could anybody recommend a great place to live in soth Lille a house preferably and also where to meet the expat community?

thanks a million

patrick

Hi there

Well, the south of Lille is not necessarily teh place where you want to live ...

It's quite a small city, so everything is round the corner.

The location depends on your budget. The old town is really pretty but can be expensive.

It's actually your budget that will determine your location.

A short commute doesn't really matter if you end up in a dodgy area. It's a matter of priority.

Don't hesitate to email me if you would like more info.

See you soon in Lille !!

hi Kris sorry I was a little slow in returning your mail but herer we go my budget is 900 euros per month max.  I was actually in Lille last week end to look around  but didi not get to see any apartments?
i am told that the Vaux Lille and the centre are great and easy to access the A25 to get to the office.
I will be on my own for the first 6 months so I will be at french lessons in the city ans will need to find a gym as well, so any help is welcome

regards

Pat

Hi

You should consider the possibility of living in Wazemmes, it's a quarter in the south of Lille. It's more popular than the Vieux-Lille, but it's near from the center and access to highways is easy.

Bye

spud01 wrote:

hi Kris sorry I was a little slow in returning your mail but herer we go my budget is 900 euros per month max.  I was actually in Lille last week end to look around  but didi not get to see any apartments?
i am told that the Vaux Lille and the centre are great and easy to access the A25 to get to the office.
I will be on my own for the first 6 months so I will be at french lessons in the city ans will need to find a gym as well, so any help is welcome

regards

Pat

Hi Pat

900 euros is plenty here, you should easily find a one bedroom flat for about 600 euros. Be careful with Vieux Lille though, it's really nice and pretty, but some parts are actually far from the metro and then it's not convenient. And having a car in Vieux Lille can turn into a nightmare. You really have to see by yourself.

Good luck