The law on Reiki, hypnosis, and self development in Doha??

Hello everybody.
My name is Jacob, and i arrived 1 week ago here in warm (and dusty) Doha.
I have met many friendly people, and I am sure here on Expat-blog I will find the same friendliness and assistance.

I am a UK trained master of NLP, Hypnosis, timeline therapy, and Emotional freedom techniques. I am further an experienced practitioner of Reiki and emotional balance techniques.
I assist people with all kinds of challenges like; stop smoking, loosing weight,get rid of phobias, confidence building, and stress management.
Also teaching the law of attraction and EFT to manifest that what you desire in your life.
So basically helping people live their dreams.

I am having challenges with finding laws, rules and regulations with regards using Hypnosis and other 'holistic/alternative techniques' here in Qatar.

I am also looking for clear information regarding working as a 'free-lancer' or being self employed. There are people telling me I need a local person to sponsor me and have him/her have a stake of 51% of the business while others say that, because I have no stock, location, and only offer services, I don't need that.
Can anyone give me some helpful links on where to find all that information?

Many thanks,
Jacob

Hello Jacob and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you will soon get replies to your query.

Harmonie.:)

Hello

I have heard that for the process of registering your business officially in qatar, you need to have a location.  They visit and see that the business has a place.  It does not have to be anything fancy.  It can be a simple one room thing.

Yes, to establish a business, you need a local partner.  However recently they have given some expemtions for some types of professional services providers.  I am not sure if your field is one of those.

Why dont you try to be attached with some business which is provided, related but not same, service.  You can access to their customer base, and they can get something out of what you make.  A freelancer contract based on percentage.  You dont need to go into company formation stuff.

Hope this helps

All the best with your endavors.... and welcome to Doha.

Thanks For your reply cdeeky!
Sound advise, and I will certainly consider it!

Hi Jacob

It's nice to know your Qualifications ...!
I personally love those things and if your still want some help doing those things In Doha,
I Can Give you My Mobile Number & also Introduce some peoples who can give you rights to do your things,cs I'm living in doha too. Do not misunderstand me just cs of your skills i feel helping you pass this all.

Cs Im very much in to hypnotism...!
& thanks for coming up with the perfect Ideas
And i wish you good luck for wt ever you plane to establish.

My regards
Abdulkader Abdulmajeed
cn- 77774425

Hi Jacob I realise this is a really old post, just wondering how you got on as I am thinking of movng to Qatar dependant on husbands job, and I am also a practioner of NLP EFT Emotion Code Emo Trance Reiki etc, and interested in making use of these skills if I come. Any advice appreciated and would love to meet you if you are still in Qatar.

Regards
Yvonne