Moving to buenos aires

Hi all
soon i will move to buenos aires.
Some questions are still open for me such as:

Rental: How far you can live 'inside the city buenos aires' with 2000 pesoa/month? How much you need to spend usual (easy but not cheap!) for a monthly rent.

Tax: How many percent tax you pay? monthly? Anual?

Living: If you regular go out for a beer and a good dinner. What you spend for 'freetime': sports, beer dinner, dancing?

Food: How much cost you a full shopping basket for groceries?
For how many person and how long?

Bus/Taxi: Is the bus or taxi system 'easy' or takes it two hours from town to somewhere outside where rentel prices is cheaper?

Thank you to chare your experience with and see you...!
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Is 2000 pesos a month just what you will use for rent?   Or is it your budget for the entire month?  Check out this page for more information on apartment rentals in buenos aires, which will show you where you can look to get a good idea on prices.  Basically, if you want to rent your own apartment, 2000 pesos is enough to live right in the center, in a decent place.   

For most of your questions, you can easily find the answer with this cost of living chart: I think this page on Cost of Living will be helpful to you.  Cost of Living in Buenos Aires

What do you mean by tax?   Do you mean on the goods you buy?  Or income tax?   Taxes are in the low 20s, but are all already included in the prices.   

Buses are very easy and cover the city really well, and they are cheap!!  Taxis are becoming expensive, but they are everywhere.  Here it is explained how to take the bus in Buenos Aires.

I hope this helps!   IŽd be happy to answer any more questions.

Cheers,
Diego

For your reference. I'm renting my (furnished) apartment at around U$S850 dollars a month with ALL included (internet, gas, electricity and cleaning). This is not an expensive rental actually considering location etc.
You can check it out here.
studiovis.net