UAE driving license - conversion

Hi,

Currenly I am in Kuwait and I got a job in Abu Dhabi. I am moving from Kuwait by the end of next week. I have Kuwait driving license and want to know whether I can use my Kuwait driving license to get UAE driving license without undergoing any tests.

If anyone knows any other site where I can get information about this matter please share with me.

Thanks

Yes you can.. Just go to "Moror department" there with your new residance visa copy & Kuwaiti driving license & fill a form. You have to pay a fee dont exactly know how much. 2 of my friend did it before one with a kuwaiti driving license and one with Bahrini driving license

so what about if i have UAE driving license and i want to get Kuwait driving license? i used to live in Dubai just moved here to Kuwait.
thanks

re UAE - i think it depends also on your nationality, at least in Abu. the rule is that passport and driving license need to be from the same country. Otherwise - easy peasy! the traffic department is the most customer friendly one i've seen so far! for any more tips on Abu - just let me know.
cheers,
ania

hi, i see its been 6 years since you posted this.. but did you get to transfer your Kuwait driving license to the UAE driving license. If so, can you advice the procedure and is it still valid to transfer the license or rules have changed.